Traditionally, companies provided customer service face-to-face or by telephone. This changed with the advent of the internet, which has made it relatively inexpensive and simple to deal with customer queries via email and live chat services.
Effective electronic customer service is built on a foundation of netiquette, the principles of written communication and a solid understanding of customer service. In this course, you will learn how to combine these factors to successfully offer your customers a great experience.What's Covered in the Course?
- Why electronic customer service is now the norm in modern businesses
- Why electronic customer service comes with advantages and disadvantages
- How to send appropriate online messages that positively engage customers and solve their problems
- How to show courtesy online and strike the right tone in both your emails and on your website
- The principles of good customer service and how these translate to an electronic environment
Benefits of Taking This Course
Who can take the course?
- If you work in a customer service role, this course will teach you how to communicate with customers via email and online chat to resolve their problems and answer their queries.
- If you are a business owner, this course will help you make up your mind if you are considering incorporating electronic customer service into the day-to-day running of your business.
- If your role entails copywriting or marketing, this course will help you create more effective product descriptions for a company website.
- This course will help you write memorable emails that will make your customer pay attention to your messages, thereby increasing sales and boosting your company’s reputation.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 30 minutes to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.