This Dyslexia Awareness Diploma course offers students the ability to learn all about the condition, and how it can be handled. This course is full of information that will help you not only learn to deal with dyslexia yourself, but also how to help children or others who you come in contact with. This is an excellent course for teachers or for others who wish to learn more about this condition.
Dyslexia is a difficult condition to treat, but there are methods that can make learning easier for those who have been diagnosed. This course will give you an overview of the types of dyslexia, and what type of support and treatment is available for the condition. You will also learn how the law in the UK affects those with dyslexia.
Introduction to the Dyslexia Awareness Diploma
This is an internet-based training course that gives students the opportunity to study the material when it’s convenient. Many people who take the course can work a full time job while they study, which helps them to easily achieve their goals of learning about dyslexia.
You can access the study material for this diploma course from any device with an internet connection, and receive online support as you train. When you complete the course, you must take an exam, and when completed, you will receive a recognised diploma that you can print out at home.
What You Will Learn
This dyslexia awareness diploma course was designed to give students a complete overview of dyslexia, which will help in both their professional and personal lives.
This course will cover:
- An introduction to dyslexia
- The causes of dyslexia
- How dyslexia is diagnosed
- An overview of the different types of dyslexia
- How dyslexia affects phonics, writing, spelling, and speaking
- How dyslexia affects maths and science skills and creativity
- What it’s like to live and work with dyslexia
- What conditions often occur along with dyslexia
- The treatments for dyslexia
- What laws are in place to protect those with dyslexia
Benefits of the Dyslexia Awareness Diploma
There are a number of benefits to those who complete the dyslexia course and earn their diplomas.
- The ability to study from anywhere and at any time, even when at work or away from home.
- The option to study as quickly or slowly as you wish, as there is no time limit for the course.
- The capability to study from any device including computers, mobile phones, or tablets.
- An easy to understand course structure, which is broken down into short modules.
- The convenience of support when you require it, all online.
- A full syllabus, which virtually guarantees that you will get the knowledge you require to work and support those with dyslexia, both in your personal and professional lives.
- Improving prospects when applying for work or volunteer opportunities with those who have dyslexia.
- An affordable pricing structure.
- Upon completion, you will receive a certified diploma.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 14 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: What is Dyslexia?
- Module 2 : The Causes and Diagnosis of Dyslexia
- Module 3 : Types of Dyslexia
- Module 4 : Dyslexia and Phonics
- Module 5 : Dyslexia and Writing and Spelling
- Module 6 : Dyslexia, Speaking and Listening
- Module 7 : Dyslexia and Mathematics
- Module 8 : Dyslexia and Science
- Module 9 : Dyslexia and Creativity
- Module 10 : Dyslexia for ESL (English as a Second Language) Learners
- Module 11 : Living and Working with Dyslexia as an Adult
- Module 12 : Co-Occurring Conditions with Dyslexia
- Module 13 : Treatments and Support for Dyslexia
- Module 14 : Dyslexia and the Law
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices