The Care Quality Commission’s ‘Regulation 20: Duty of candour’ sets out the requirements for health and social care providers across the UK. The duty of candour places a legal requirement for certain steps to be taken if something happens to a person you are supporting that causes them moderate or severe harm. This Duty of Candour training course ensures your care staff have the correct knowledge and skills.
Duty of candour refers to openness and honesty when things go wrong within the health and social care services. It is a professional responsibility, to be honest with patients when things go wrong. Understanding and abiding by the duty of candour will create more openness between professionals and patients, as well as building trust.
This online Duty of Candour training course will teach your staff the meaning of duty of candour, the professional regulators involved, the process of the application, the dos and don’ts, and the role of the CQC in the duty of candour. Upon successful completion, learners will receive a printable and downloadable Duty of Candour certificate.
On completion of this Duty of Candour online training course, learners should know and understand the following:Definitions
- Learn the definition and meaning of duty of candourFunctions
- State function of the duty of candourProfessional Regulators
- Identify professional regulators involvedApplication process
- Explain the process of the application of Duty of CandourDos and don’ts of the duty of candour
- Understand the dos and don’ts of the duty of candourCQC's role in the duty of candour
- Recognise the role of the CQC in the duty of candour Course Outline
The aim of this online Duty of Candour course is to greater increase your knowledge of the Duty of Candour and its function, as well as relevant legislation.
The key points covered in this course are:
- Professional Regulators
- Application process
- Dos and don’ts of the duty of candour
- CQC's role in the duty of candour
This course takes between 1-2 hours to complete and gain your certificate.Entry and Level:
There are no barriers to entry on this training online course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.Certification:
On completion of this online course, either download your certificate or access it at a later date online. Accreditation:
This course is CPD accredited and delivered by a Skills for Care endorsed provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.