This course gives you everything you need to know about drug and alcohol addiction awareness. At the conclusion of this course, participants have the tools they require to address this complex, sensitive and difficult issue.
This drug and alcohol addiction awareness course covers many topics related to drug and alcohol use, misuse and addiction. We have developed this course to give students important information about how to identify addiction in themselves and others, as well as tools to support recovery.
Throughout the course, students are provided with instruction, tips and techniques for understanding the reasons behind drug and alcohol abuse, giving them the ability to treat these issues with empathy and diplomacy. The course also covers the importance of developing a workplace drug and alcohol policy, as well as providing tips on how to create a comprehensive one. Students of this course further learn about the myths, misconceptions and legal facts surrounding drug and alcohol use.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give students a total overview of this subject area.
Here’s what the course covers:
- The prevalence of drug and alcohol abuse throughout the UK
- Information about the types of alcohol and its effects on the body
- The signs of alcohol abuse and how to seek treatment
- Information about the types of drugs commonly abused, including over-the-counter and prescription medication
- How to identify drug abuse in yourself and loved ones
- Popular and dangerous myths and misconceptions about drug and alcohol use
- The reasons why workplaces should focus on developing drug and alcohol awareness among all staff members
- How to create a drug and alcohol policy that is easy-to-understand
- Tools and tips on dealing with addiction in the workplace
- Information on how to reduce the risk of alcohol and drug abuse for your staff members
Benefits of the Drug and Alcohol Awareness Course
This drug and alcohol addiction awareness course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that gives you the tools you need to understand this highly complex issue
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 10 complete modules
- The achievement of feeling confident when dealing with issues related to drug and alcohol abuse
- The ability to identify problematic behaviours in yourself and others before they become worse
- Learn how to manage addiction in the workplace
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Intro to Drug and Alcohol Awareness Diploma Course
- Module 2: Alcohol
- Module 3: The Abuse of Alcohol
- Module 4: Drugs
- Module 5: The Abuse of Drugs
- Module 6: Common Myths, Laws, Penalties and Punishments for Drugs and Alcohol
- Module 7: The Importance of Drug and Alcohol Awareness in the Workplace
- Module 8: Creating a Drug and Alcohol Policy for Your Organisation
- Module 9: Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse in the Workplace
- Module 10: Reducing the Risks of Drug and Alcohol Misuse
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices