Procedures for handling discipline and grievance issues may vary considerably depending on the organisation, but it’s important that processes are implemented within the workplace to ensure that these issues are always dealt with in a fair and consistent manner.
This course will equip you with the skills and approaches required to manage discipline and grievance issues more efficiently by giving a clear understanding of what the terms mean and what appropriate procedures should look like.
You Will Learn:
- About discipline in the workplace, including what progressive discipline entails
- How proper policies and procedures should look
- How to conduct a fair disciplinary hearing
- About fair reasons for suspension and dismissal
- How to manage grievances both informally and formally
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Your knowledge will allow you to better deal with disciplinary and grievance issues in the workplace
- Your skills will allow you to implement and follow appropriate procedures
- You will be able to solve issues early on, preventing them from escalating
- You will learn how to improve employee relations and reduce time and costs involved with disputes and trials
- You will be able to better prevent grievances from occurring
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.