Diabetes affects 4.6 million people in the UK and 415 million people around the world. It is a chronic condition requiring lifelong treatment. Potential complications include loss of vision, nerve damage and cardiovascular disease. Living with diabetes can be challenging and emotionally draining.
Fortunately, receiving practical support can make life with diabetes easier and safer. This course contains an overview of the most common types of diabetes, their symptoms and causes, and the role employers can play in helping individuals with diabetes succeed at work.What's Covered in the Course?
- What diabetes is, how it develops, the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes and how it impacts a person’s wellbeing.
- The symptoms, causes and risk factors for Type 2 diabetes, along with potential complications.
- How people diagnosed with diabetes can stay well, what check-ups they need and how they can avoid the complications associated with diabetes.
- How diabetes can affect someone in the workplace, why it is a good idea to notify other workers of their condition and how employers can make reasonable adjustments to accommodate their needs.
Benefits of Taking This Course
Who can take the course?
- If you know or work with someone diagnosed with diabetes, this course will provide you with an insight into their condition.
- If you employ someone with diabetes, this course will help you understand your obligations under the law with regards to their condition and help you make reasonable adjustments to help them carry out their job.
- This course will help you intervene with confidence in the event of a diabetic emergency.
- If you work in the healthcare field, you will benefit from this overview of a relatively common condition.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Type 1 Diabetes
- Module 2: Type 2 Diabetes
- Module 3: Diabetes Management & Complications
- Module 4: Diabetes in the Workplace
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers