There is a lot more to attracting high-quality applicants than simply putting out a compelling advert. Even a positive workplace culture may not be enough. To ensure that your company recruits and retains the very best in your industry, you need to put together a fair and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Not only does offering this type of care to your employees make them feel more valued, studies show that it can boost productivity and reduce turnover.
This course provides you with important information about how to develop a compensation package and benefits plan, regardless of what type of workplace you run or manage.
We begin by discussing the law and how it relates to the payment of staff members. The course then moves on to cover the details behind creating a compensation plan that is sure to attract the best applicants. Next, strategies for finding the best benefits package are discussed. Finally, we go into detail about when you should review your plans.
What You Will Learn
- What constitutes “compensation” and what is classed as a “benefit”
- The types of compensation employers must pay according to the law
- How you can reward your top-performing employees
- The types of benefits you can provide for your staff
- Why it is easier to manage some benefits on your own
- What to do if your recruitment process seems slower than usual
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Learning why you need a written contract and what it should contain
- Determining the best way to reward high-performing staff members
- Understanding why you need to define your corporate philosophy before setting your wages
- Learning the best way to find a benefits supplier that suits your needs
- Learning when is the best time to review your policies
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Compensation, Benefits and the Law in the UK
- Module 02: Creating a Competitive Compensation Plan
- Module 03: Developing a Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Module 04: Revisiting Your Compensation and Benefits Plan
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices