Workplace violence is an unfortunate reality faced by most modern workers. It can happen anywhere, including an office, retail location, factory floor or even a client’s home. Everyone is impacted regardless of position and salary, including perpetrators, victims and witnesses. It can create unnecessary conflict, halt productivity and create an incredibly toxic workplace for you and your staff. Managers, employees and company owners alike have an obligation to learn more about violence in the workplace, along with their responsibilities to reduce the risks and mitigate the impact.
This course gives you detailed information about violence in the workplace and how to deal with it. We begin by defining workplace violence and include a discussion about risk factors and how to mitigate them. Next, we review the techniques you can use to prevent violence from occurring within the workplace. A conversation about workplace bullying follows, which includes definitions and the legal obligations of employers in this regard. Finally, we talk about conflict resolution and how to put those lessons into practice.
What You Will Learn
- The definition of workplace violence and some examples of how it can happen in the workplace
- Why you should put preventative measures into place
- The type of preventative measures you can rely on to mitigate the impact of workplace violence
- The rules and regulations governing workplace violence
- How to identify, address and reduce the risks of workplace bullying
Benefits of Dealing with Workplace Violence Course
- Learning more about how to create a safe workplace for you and your staff
- Your rights and obligations as an employer when it comes to workplace safety
- How to deal with the perpetrator of workplace violence as well as the steps you can take to help the victim
- The definition of workplace bullying and how it fits into your greater workplace violence prevention plan
- Learning how to address and minimize the impact of conflict in your workplace
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 1 hour to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Understanding Workplace Violence
- Module 02: Preventative Measures
- Module 03: Bullying in the Workplace
- Module 04: Is Someone Being Bullied?
- Module 05: Conflict Resolution
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices