Sleep deprivation is a serious issue faced by millions of people across the globe. The statistics in the UK alone are daunting, with close to 70% of residents reporting dealing with instances of acute or chronic sleep deprivation at least once in their lives. Sleep deprivation is more than simply waking up tired - it is a condition where you do not get enough sleep to function well. It can lead to serious health risks and complications.
This course provides you with comprehensive information about sleep deprivation. It begins by talking about the importance of sleep and defining sleep deprivation in its acute and chronic phases. It then moves on to cover the various causes and risk factors associated with sleep deprivation. The symptoms of sleep deprivation are also covered in detail. Finally, the course talks about preventative measures you can take to reduce the risk of sleep deprivation happening to you. Treatment methods are covered in the same module.What's Covered in the Course?
- Why all people need to get at least seven hours of sleep per night
- The clinical definition of sleep deprivation in all its phases
- The reasons why people feel sleep deprived
- The cognitive, emotional and physical symptoms of sleep deprivation
- Tips on how to prevent sleep deprivation from happening for those in high-risk groups
- Tips on how to treat both acute and chronic sleep deprivation
Benefits of Taking This Course
Who can take the course?
Recognising the signs of sleep deprivation in yourself and others
- Understanding what sleep deprivation is, how it occurs and the differences between acute and chronic deprivation
- Learning about the causes and risk factors associated with sleep deprivation in both its acute and chronic phases
- Gaining knowledge about the various symptoms and disorders caused by sleep deprivation
- Learning how to prevent and treat this condition
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.