This medication online course provides all the knowledge requirements for the safe control, handling and administration of medicines in social and domiciliary care environments. This course is designed for managers or senior care workers to enable them to supervise or undertake the administration of medicines in their particular care setting and in accordance with current legal requirements.
This medication online course meets the requirements for and covers in its entirety the Learning Outcomes for the "Knowledge Set for Medication" as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005: Following successful completion, individuals must be observed by a designated person to competently administer a range of medicines. We can provide registered students with a downloadable proforma for this purpose. Following successful completion of the theoretical and practical components, a manager may recognise an individual as a person designated for the administration of medicines.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:Expert Online Training:
Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations:
Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.Navigation and Controls:
These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.Certificate of Completion:
Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment. LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Describe the key legislation and guidance relating to the safe handling of medicines
- Identify how organisational policies and procedures ensure the safe handling of medicines
- For a range of care settings and both medical and non-medical care staff, outline the process for the prescribing, dispensing, obtaining and checking of medicines
- Outline the range of support and guidance available relating to medicines and explain the importance of confidentiality relating to disclosure about individuals medication
- Identify the types, purpose and classification of medicines commonly administered
- Explain the routes by which medicines may be administered, the related rules for administration and level of competence required
- Outline the importance of checking for, recognising and reporting effects that can occur as a result of an adverse reaction, a contraindication or an interaction between medicines
- Explain the need to gain consent and undertake risk assessment prior to the self or secondary administration of medicines
- Describe the importance of the preparation for and administration of medicines to ensure accuracy
- Identify the importance of accurate recording for the administration and refusal of medicines and administration errors
- Recognise the requirements to validate the accuracy of safe storage and recording for medicines and for their safe disposal
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.