This course gives you everything you need to know about learning how to contour and highlight. At the conclusion of the course, participants have the knowledge they need to successfully complete these makeup techniques, as well as related methods of sculpting and drawing attention to the face.
This contouring and highlighting mini-course covers many of the basics and advanced techniques you need to contour or highlight your own face or those of your clients. We have developed this course to give students important information about these makeup methods, both from a personal standpoint and a professional one.
Throughout the course, students are provided with instruction, tips and techniques for applying contouring and highlighting products, including foundation, concealer, bronzer and highlighter. The course also discusses the history of contouring and its seemingly sudden rise to popularity. Students of this course further learn about the tools, equipment, tips and techniques they need to contour and highlight with ease.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give students a total overview of what is involved in contouring and highlighting the face:
Here’s what the course covers:
- Information about the various products and brands that are recommended
- Best techniques to use when working with oily or dry skin
- How and why you should prepare the skin before applying any makeup
- The history of contouring throughout the ages
- Related techniques, such as tontouring, and when to use them
- The best way to find products for your skin type and tone
- Where you can go to find more inspiration for makeup looks
- Information about high- and low-cost contouring products
Benefits of the Contouring and Highlighting Certificate
This contouring and highlighting mini-course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that gives you all the information you need to confidently contour and highlight
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into five complete modules
- The achievement of knowing how to apply these techniques to create other makeup looks
- Learning about the history of contouring and its rise to popularity
- Understanding how to choose the best products for your face
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.