Constructive feedback is not always happily accepted, particularly among those who are on the receiving end of the criticism. Interestingly, there are also individuals who don’t care much about giving constructive feedback. There are many reasons as to why constructive feedback is negatively received by managers and employees alike.
However, what if the benefits outweigh the negatives? After all, a company is as good as its employees, so why not train, shape and guide employees to earn a good reputation?
When used correctly, constructive feedback can play a major role in improving an individual’s performance, help in building confidence and ultimately play an instrumental role in personal growth.
To be a successful manager and leader, it is necessary to have a certain set of skills, including the ability to let a team know where and how they can improve. Therefore, it is essential to fully understand the impact that constructive feedback can have and learn how to give criticism in such a way that brings about positive change.
You Will Learn:
- What is constructive feedback
- Situations that call for constructive feedback
- The characteristics of good constructive feedback
- How to deal with constructive feedback
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Constructive feedback can reinforce good behaviour and teach team members to effectively work together
- It will set the tone for building healthier professional relationships
- You will learn about the importance of constructive feedback and how it differs from criticism
- You will learn how to effectively give constructive feedback and what your approach should be
- Those who are not good at receiving feedback will learn how to handle it
- You will learn why constructive feedback is essential to business success
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: What is Constructive Feedback, and what are its Benefits?
- Module 02: Situations that Call for Constructive Feedback
- Module 03: Characteristics of Good Constructive Feedback
- Module 04: How to Deal with Constructive Feedback
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices