Resolving conflicts is essential to the function of all businesses. Conflicts are inevitable; how they’re dealt with is optional. Conflicts can either reduce productivity or create a hostile working environment, or they can be resolved in a manner that strengthens working relationships. To get the best results you need to know how to approach them. This course tells you exactly how to transmute negative encounters in the workplace into a beneficial opportunity for growth.
This course has been created for management, staff, and anyone interested in possessing the knowledge and skills to resolve workplace conflicts. This course covers key themes vital to resolving conflicts. All the information is based on up to date scientific research and has been successfully applied in the workplace to resolve real-life conflicts and is presented in easily understandable language.
The skills, tools, and knowledge contained in this course are illustrated with examples to help you grasp the fundamental concepts of conflict resolution. Worksheets, quizzes, tests, and interactive exercises are provided to reinforce and aid your learning.
You Will Learn:
- How to identify the primary causes of conflict within the workplace
- The impact of conflict in the workplace
- How to manage conflict in the workplace
- The importance of positive workplace behaviors
- How to identify and properly resolve interpersonal conflicts in the workplace
- How to identify different communication styles and how they impact workplace conflicts
- The skills needed to address conflicts in the workplace
- How to deal with angry people in an effective and calm manner
- How to be assertive and communicate your needs without aggression
- How to create win-win resolutions which resolve conflicts and create harmony
- How to take personal responsibility for conflict resolution
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Promote a harmonious working environment and reduce tension in the workplace
- Be able to confidently handle difficult interpersonal conflicts
- Increase productivity, morale and rapport among colleagues
- Build and sustain fruitful working relationships
- Increase empathy and people skills
Taking this course has tangible time and resource benefits - reducing the significant time spent in stress and conflict and replacing it with the skills and tools to work together with ease.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Understanding Behaviour
- Module 02: Communication and Perspective
- Module 03: Aggression in Others
- Module 04: Managing and Reducing Conflict
- Module 05: Personal Development
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices