The CompTIA Security+ course is designed to teach students security basics and prepare them for testing to become Security+ certified.
The Security+ covers many vendor neutral topics including different types of threats and attacks, networking technologies and tools, secure design and architecture, identity and access management, risk assessment and management, cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure, the ever-expanding virtualization of various computing systems, and industry management of smart devices.
These topics will be covered from a 'ground-up' perspective so that even inexperienced students will be able to follow along. IT security is an ever-growing field and its importance is recognized universally throughout the industry.
This security+ course will cover security concerns from both a professional setting and on a personal level. This gives students who do not plan to apply their certificate in the immediate future the benefit of keeping up to date on the latest security practices and techniques that they can follow to keep themselves secure in a digital world.
Each of the modules of this course is designed to align with the official objectives of this certification and expand past the scope of the certification to allow for real life application. They give the student some real life examples of various attacks or security practices that they can both apply in real life or use to further their understanding of a course objective.
Module 1 - Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
Module 2 - Technologies and Tools
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Types Of Malware - Part 1
- 1.3 Types Of Malware - Part 2
- 1.4 Types Of Attacks - Part 1
- 1.5 Types Of Attacks - Part 2
- 1.6 Types Of Attacks - Part 3
- 1.7 Types Of Attacks - Part 4
- 1.8 Types Of Attacks - Part 5
- 1.9 Threat Actors - Part 1
- 1.10 Threat Actors - Part 2
- 1.11 Penetration Testing And Vulnerability Scanning - Part 1
- 1.12 Penetration Testing And Vulnerability Scanning - Part 2
- 1.13 Impact Of Vulnerabilities - Part 1
- 1.14 Impact Of Vulnerabilities - Part 2
Module 3 - Architecture and Design
- 2.1 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 1
- 2.2 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 2
- 2.3 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 3
- 2.4 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 4
- 2.5 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 5
- 2.6 Networking Hardware And Software - Part 6
- 2.7 Security Assessment - Part 1
- 2.8 Security Assessment - Part 2
- 2.9 Troubleshooting Issues - Part 1
- 2.10 Troubleshooting Issues - Part 2
- 2.11 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 1
- 2.12 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 2
- 2.13 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 3
- 2.14 Securing Mobile Devices - Part 4
- 2.15 Secure Protocols - Part 1
- 2.16 Secure Protocols - Part 2
Module 4 - Identity and Access Management
- 3.1 Secure Network Architecture - Part 1
- 3.2 Secure Network Architecture - Part 2
- 3.3 Secure System Designs - Part 1
- 3.4 Secure System Designs - Part 2
- 3.5 Secure Staging Deployment Concepts
- 3.6 Embedded Systems - Part 1
- 3.7 Embedded Systems - Part 2
- 3.8 Application Development And Deployment - Part 1
- 3.9 Application Development And Deployment - Part 2
- 3.10 Application Development And Deployment - Part 3
- 3.11 Physical Security Controls - Part 1
- 3.12 Physical Security Controls - Part 2
- 3.13 Physical Security Controls - Part 3
- 3.14 Cloud Virtualization - Part 1
- 3.15 Cloud Virtualization - Part 2
Module 5 - Risk Management
- 4.1 Identity And Access Management - Part 1
- 4.2 Identity And Access Management - Part 2
- 4.3 Identity And Access Services - Part 1
- 4.4 Identity And Access Services - Part 2
- 4.5 Management Controls - Part 1
- 4.6 Management Controls - Part 2
- 4.7 Account Management Practices - Part 1
- 4.8 Account Management Practices - Part 2
- 4.9 Account Management Practices - Part 3
Module 6 - Cryptography and PKI
- 5.1 Organizational Security - Part 1
- 5.2 Organizational Security - Part 2
- 5.3 Business Impact Analysis Concepts - Part 1
- 5.4 Business Impact Analysis Concepts - Part 2
- 5.5 Risk Management - Part 1
- 5.6 Risk Management - Part 2
- 5.7 Incident Response Procedures - Part 1
- 5.8 Incident Response Procedures - Part 2
- 5.9 Forensics - Part 1
- 5.10 Forensics - Part 2
- 5.11 Disaster Recovery - Part 1
- 5.12 Disaster Recovery - Part 2
- 5.13 Types Of Control - Part 1
- 5.14 Types Of Control - Part 2
- 5.15 Data Security And Privacy Practices - Part 1
- 5.16 Data Security And Privacy Practices - Part 2
- 6.1 Cryptographic Basics - Part 1
- 6.2 Cryptographic Basics - Part 2
- 6.3 Cryptographic Basics - Part 3
- 6.4 Cryptographic Algorithms - Part 1
- 6.5 Cryptographic Algorithms - Part 2
- 6.6 Wireless Security - Part 1
- 6.7 Wireless Security - Part 2
- 6.8 Implementing PKI - Part 1
- 6.9 Implementing PKI - Part 2
- 6.10 Implementing PKI - Part 3
- 6.11 Conclusion
LEARN365 Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Instructor-Led Training: Learn 365 uses only the industry's finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Learn 365 always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Quizzes & Exam Simulators: Learn 365's custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Learn 365 courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Social Learning & Networking: Learn 365 has designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students and Learn 365 employees, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and like different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Flash Cards & Educational Games: IT online learning knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
Navigation and Controls: Learn 365's self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.