Communication Barriers in the Workplace Certificate
Difficulties in the workplace are often a result of communication issues. Barriers to communication are specific items that hinder the exchange of ideas, information, or thoughts. Learning how to address these issues can help you improve the productivity and efficiency of your working environment.
This course will be looking at six of the most common workplace communication barriers, including interpersonal, physical, cultural, language, gender and status barriers, as well as how to identify and overcome each.
What You Will Learn
- What the most common communication barriers in the workplace are
- How communication barriers affect the workplace and your team
- How to identify and address relevant communication barriers
- How to be more effective at communication
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- You will be able to identify communication barriers relevant to your workplace
- Your knowledge will guide you in overcoming these barriers
- You will learn to look at communication from different perspectives
- Your actions will lead to more productive and efficient teamwork in the workplace
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction
- Module 02: Physical Barriers in the Workplace
- Module 03: Cultural and Language Barriers in the Workplace
- Module 04: Gender and Status Barriers in the Workplace
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices