The CISM training course is designed to provide on-the-job skills, as well as knowledge to pass the ISACA Certified Information System Manager (CISM) certification exam. This is advanced-level cybersecurity training to complete once the PenTest+, CySA+, and various higher-level certifications in Cisco and Microsoft have been completed.
The course instructor is Roger St Hilaire, with 30+ years of experience and CISM, CGEIT, MOF, TOGAF & PSP-Rainmaker Foundation Certifications.
The expected outcomes of this training are as follows:
- The understanding of requirements for the design and implementation of a Security Strategy and Governance Framework
- The ability to leverage the Enterprise Risk Management Practice in the organization for identification, analysis, treatment, and monitoring of Security Risks.
- To gain an understanding of the key tenets of developing and implementing a Security Program
- The parameters for designing, structuring, and maintaining the performance of Information Security Incident Management teams.
The course will cover the following list of main areas, spanning the four domains of the CISM practice and the related tasks.
CISM Exam Preparation Course Outline:
- Information Security Defined
- Information Security Principles
- Support the Business
- Defend the Business
- Promote Responsible Information Security Behavior
DOMAIN 1 - Information Security Governance - Tasks and Knowledge
- Section One: Designing a Strategy and Governance Framework
- Section Two: Gaining Management Approval
- Section Three: Implementing the Security Strategy
DOMAIN 2 - Information Security Risk Management - Tasks and Knowledge
- Section One: Risk Identification
- Section Two: Risk Analysis and Treatment
- Section Three: Risk Monitoring and Reporting
DOMAIN 3 - Information Security Program Development and Management - Tasks and Knowledge
- Section One: Alignment and Resource Management
- Section Two: Standards Awareness and Training
- Section Three: Building Security into Processes and Practices
- Section Four: Security Monitoring and Reporting
DOMAIN 4 - Information Security Incident Management
- Section One: Planning and Integration
- Section Two: Readiness and Assessment
- Section Three Identification and Response
- Exam Techniques
ISACA Requirements for Certification:
- To facilitate the student's understanding of ISACA’s approach to information security, and its related concepts such as risk.
- Develop an understanding of key practices in the governance, management of risk, program development, and incident management in the realm of information security.
- Ensure that the student is appropriately prepared for successful completion of the Certified Information Security Manager exam given by ISACA on the first attempt.
Number of Videos: 48
Duration: 17 hrs 18 mins
Test Questions: 100
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Information Security Governance
InfoSec Strategic Context Part 1
InfoSec Strategic Context Part 2
GRC Strategy and Assurance
Roles and Responsibilities
GMA Tasks Knowledge and Metrics
IS Strategy Overview
Strategy Development Support
Architecture and Controls
Considerations and Action Plan
InfoSec Prog Objectives and Wrap-Up
Module 3: Information Security Risk Management
Risk Identification Task and Knowledge
Risk Management Strategy
Risk Analysis and Treatment Tasks & Knowledge
Assessment Tools and Analysis
Risk Scenario Development
Additional Risk Factors
Asset Classification and Risk Management
Risk Monitoring and Communication
Information Risk Management Summary
Module 4: InfoSec Prog Development and Management
Alignment and Resource Management - Task and Knowledge
Standards Awareness and Training - Tasks and Knowledge
Awareness and Training
Building Security into Process and Practices - Tasks and Knowledge
Additional Technology Infrastructure Concerns
Security monitoring and reporting Overview Tasks and Knowledge
Metrics and Monitoring
Module 5: Information Security Incident Management
Planning and Integration Overview Task and Knowledge
Incident Response Concepts and Process
Forensics and Recovery
Readiness and Assessment - Overview Tasks and Knowledge
Identification and Response Overview Tasks and Knowledge
Module 6: Exam Prep
Case Study - Security On a Shoestring Budget
Case Study - APT In Action
LEARN365 Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Instructor-Led Training: Learn 365 uses only the industry's finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Learn 365 always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Quizzes & Exam Simulators: Learn 365's custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Learn 365 courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Social Learning & Networking: Learn 365 has designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students and Learn 365 employees, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and like different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Flash Cards & Educational Games: IT online learning knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
Navigation and Controls: Learn 365's self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.