Child Protection in Sports Certificate Course Description
Across the UK, nearly 87% of all children have played at least one sport in the last 12 months. This gives those who work and volunteer in the sporting industry a lot of contact and interaction with children.
As a result of this extended contact and their position as an authority or trustworthy figure, these individuals have certain child protection responsibilities. Being aware of how to keep children safe when engaged in sports, both from dangers at home and risks from other children, is a key part of fulfilling these responsibilities.
This course goes into detail regarding child protection in sport. We begin by giving you an introduction to the topic, including a discussion on the numerous benefits seen by children who are engaged in sport.
Next, we talk about the unique risks that face children today, including radicalization.
The course also talks about the signs of child abuse, so that you can keep an eye on the children in your care.
Finally, we talk about the administrative steps that all organizations should take to keep children safe.
You Will Learn:
- What steps the adults in a child’s life can take to keep the child safe
- Which groups are most vulnerable to abuse, radicalization, and bullying
- What the reporting process is
- The importance of taking support training
- Which pieces of legislative guidance you should know
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Understanding more about how to keep the children in your care safe from abuse and harm
- Learning how to create an atmosphere of acceptance and understanding
- Understanding more about the modern-day risks faced by children
- Feeling confident about how to respond if a child confides in you about abuse or bullying
- Learning the importance of following high child protection safety standards, even if it is not required for your organization
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction
- Module 02: Modern Day Risks
- Module 03: Monitoring and Reporting
- Module 04: Administrative Steps
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices