The highly interesting psychological field of child attachment is explored in great detail in this course. Starting with a look at the main theories and theorists, the course explains the main concepts and principles clearly and we make sure we cover all the fundamental points for you. Bowlby and Ainsworth have proven to be huge contributors to the field of child attachment and their work is carefully considered within the course’s 10 modules.
This course will hopefully teach you how to think like a true expert in the field of child attachment theory. You will be taught the signs to look out for when there are any issues in this field and there are tests that can be implemented along the way to better facilitate this. By the end of the course, you should be able to apply the guiding principles of child attachment theory with relative ease.
From working as a social worker, to a child psychologist and even a classroom assistant, this course will prove to you that there is such a huge variety of roles connected with the field of child attachment. Indeed, the final module is devoted entirely to this discussion and is conveniently split between roles that are more ‘hands-on’ in the field of child attachment, compared with those that may involve this psychological niche in a little more tentative manner.
You Will Learn:
- A detailed look at the history and evolution of child attachment theory
- A discussion of the internal working models that are used in this field
- We look at the main contributors to this field (e.g. Ainsworth and Bowlby)
- You will have plenty of opportunity to fully learn the important ‘Strange Situation Test’
- You will consider the main influences of child attachment
- A look at the ethical considerations that must be borne in mind, especially when working with children
- How attachment should stabilise in later childhood
- You will consider the hugely important concept of vulnerability in relation to child attachment
- Define ‘harm’ and look at ‘degrees of harm’ in good detail
- A sneaky peak at just some of the myriad roles of employment that are connected with this interesting psychological niche.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
Who can take the course?
- The ability to recognise the signs of child attachment problems
- You will understand how to implement the ‘Strange Situation Test’
- You will gain the skills that will enable you to work in a huge variety of fields connected with child attachment
- Gain knowledge of a truly interesting psychological niche
- Learn how you can make a real difference in the field of child attachment
- The ability to study from any location with an Internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.