This online Catheterisation Male and Female training course will teach learners sufficient skills and knowledge on how to use a catheter for catheterisation procedures.
Catheterisation is the process of inserting a catheter, a thin tube, into the body to insert or remove fluids. This online course is aimed at those whose job includes catheterisation of male and female patients.
Our Catheterisation Male and Female course will familiarise learners with what catheterisation is, the anatomy and physiology of the body parts related to the procedure, as well as the indications, complications and documentation. It also covers the appropriate equipment and preparation for the correct procedure and how to correctly manage the patient’s catheterisation experience.
Upon successful completion, learners will receive a downloadable and printable Catheterisation Male and Female certification.
On completion of this online Catheterisation Male and Female training, learners should know and understand the following: What catheterisation is
- Learn and understand what catheterisation isAccountability & consent
- Discuss accountability and consent for the procedureAnatomy & physiology
- Be able to label the relevant body parts and explain the physiology related to catheterisationIndications & contraindications
- List indications and contraindications for when catheterisation should or shouldn't be usedComplications & troubleshooting
- Identify and discuss possible complications and troubleshootingEquipment & preparation
- Consider the appropriate equipment and preparation for the procedureDocumentation
- Discuss documentation relevant to your areaPatient experience
- Consider how to correctly manage the patient's catheterisation experienceCorrect procedure
- Learn the correct procedure for catheterisationCourse Outline
The aim of this Catheterisation Male and Female training online course is to greater increase your knowledge of catheterisation.The key points covered in this course are:
- What catheterisation is
- Accountability & consent
- Anatomy & physiology
- Indications & contraindications
- Complications & troubleshooting
- Equipment & preparation
- Patient experience
- Correct procedure
This course takes between 1-2 hours to complete and gain your certificate.Entry and Level:
There are no barriers to entry on this training online course. This is an awareness course, suitable for all.Certification:
On completion of this online course, either download your certificate or access it at a later date online. Accreditation:
This course is CPD accredited and delivered by a Skills for Care endorsed provider. It meets accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.