The Care Certificate is an identified set of standards that health and social care workers adhere to in their daily working life.
Designed with the non-regulated workforce in mind, the Care Certificate gives everyone the confidence that workers have the same introductory skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high quality care and support.
The Care Certificate is the start of the career journey for these staff groups and is only one element of the training and education that will make them ready to practice within their specific sector.
The Care Certificate builds on the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS) and sets out explicitly the learning outcomes, competences and standards of behaviour that must be expected of a HCSW/ASCW in both sectors, ensuring that such a 2 HCSW/ASCW is caring, compassionate and provides quality care. The Certificate also reflects how these behaviours are underpinned by the Chief Nursing Officer's 6Cs (care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment)
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements.
What is the structure of the course?
Each course is broken down into bite-sized modules. You're free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each section, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the courses any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based courses as often as you require. The courses are compatible with all computers and most tablet devices etc. so you can even study while on the move! As long as you have access to the internet, you should be able to study anywhere that's convenient.
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all the modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The tests, like the courses, are online and can be taken at a time and location of your choosing.
What if I don't pass the test?
If you don’t pass the tests first time then you will get further opportunities to take them again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the tests. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed each test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificates any time you need them.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that each program is likely to take around 2-4 hours to work through initially, but you may want to allow more time to repeat some areas. You should allow an additional 30 minutes for each end of course test.
LEARNING OUTCOMES & STANDARDS
- Care Certificate - Standard 1: Understand your role
- Care Certificate - Standard 2: Your personal development
- Care Certificate - Standard 3: Duty of Care
- Care Certificate - Standard 4: Equality and Diversity
- Care Certificate - Standard 5: Work in a person centred way
- Care Certificate - Standard 6: Communication
- Care Certificate - Standard 7: Privacy and Dignity
- Care Certificate - Standard 8: Fluids and nutrition
- Care Certificate - Standard 9: Awareness of Mental Health conditions, Dementia and Learning Disability
- Care Certificate - Standard 10: Safeguarding Adults
- Care Certificate - Standard 11: Safeguarding Children
- Care Certificate - Standard 12: Basic Life Support
- Care Certificate - Standard 13: Health and Safety
- Care Certificate - Standard 14: Handling Information
- Care Certificate - Standard 15: Infection prevention and control
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.