Carbon monoxide kills hundreds of people each year. Virtually undetectable without specialist equipment, it is sometimes known as the “silent killer”.
This course addresses the problem of carbon monoxide exposure in the workplace. It combines factual information about the causes and consequences of carbon monoxide poisoning with practical guidance on how to reduce the risk of exposure. What's Covered in the Course?
Who can take the course?
- What carbon monoxide is, how it is produced and its short and long-term effects on human health.
- How to prevent carbon monoxide leaks by choosing and maintaining suitable equipment, setting up a suitable workspace and making adjustments to work processes if necessary.
- The duties of employers and employees under the law and an overview of how health and safety legislation can act as a guide to preventing carbon monoxide poisoning.
- What you need to do in the event of a carbon monoxide leak and how to work with third parties in reducing the risk of future incidents.
- Benefits Of Taking This Course:-
- Any employer looking to further their knowledge of their obligations under health and safety law will benefit from taking this course.
- You will be able to identify potential sources of carbon monoxide poisoning in the workplace and take steps to remedy the situation.
- Anyone working in an environment which could potentially expose them to carbon monoxide will benefit from developing an understanding of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If you are interested in occupational health, this course will provide you with a valuable overview of a common workplace hazard.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 10 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: What Is Carbon Monoxide And Why Is It Dangerous?
- Module 2: How To Minimise The Risk Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Module 3: Carbon Monoxide And Workplace Legislation
- Module 4: How To Respond To A Carbon Monoxide Leak
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers