Have you always wanted to work on an aircraft and be zipped around the world? Do you already work in the aviation industry and want to improve your career prospects? The cabin crew certification will teach you everything you need to know to enjoy a successful career as a valued member of the cabin crew on board planes around the world.
Introduction to the Cabin Crew Certification
This online study course is designed to give you an introduction into cabin crew careers. It is broken down into twenty informative and manageable modules, which take around ten hours to complete.
You study online at your own pace. As long as you have access to the internet, you can study from anywhere where you are comfortable, whether it's at home or at your desk during your lunch break. Because there is no schedule or deadline to complete the course, you can work full time and study when you have the time, you can complete the course in two days or two months, this is down to personal preference and the time you have available.
When you have studied all twenty modules, you will need to complete a multiple-choice test with a pass mark of seventy five percent. In the event you don't pass the first time, you will be given an opportunity to go back over the modules and retake the test. On successful passing, you can download and print your certificate.
What You Will Learn
The twenty information packed modules will teach you the following:
- Understand passenger aviation. This covers the history of cabin crew members, what to expect when working as a member of a cabin crew and the hierarchy on the airline.
- Learn about the different aircrafts you can work on from private charters to budget flights and which offer the best career prospects looking forward.
- Get an understanding of the aviation rules. You will learn which governing bodies regulate British air travel, what ATOL is and how the regulations change and what you can do to prepare for these changes.
- Identify with various aviation abbreviations. Know when they are used, why you need to know them and the most common abbreviations you will hear throughout your career.
- Learn how to adapt to different time zones and how currencies are calculated.
- Get an understanding of weather conditions and interruptions. You will learn more about turbulence, what weather conditions can impact a flight and how to keep your passengers safe.
- Know the layout of a commercial flight from the area names to what areas you can and cannot enter.
- Learn about communications systems and passenger announcements. You will learn how to effectively communicate with passengers and flight crew. You will also learn how to adapt your tone of voice when using the communications systems.
- You will learn about the galley (kitchen). You will learn how to keep it safe, how to use it for storage and how to maintain privacy in the galley at all times.
- Learn about emergency exits on the plane from the different types and locations to opening them in the event of an emergency.
- Learn everything you need to know about hand luggage from when it's not appropriate to legal guidelines, restrictions and storage.
- Understand emergency equipment and how to use it.
- Learn about the different flight procedures and what you need to know.
- Know the different types of emergencies you may be faced with when on duty.
- Know how fires on board may start and how to handle them effectively.
- Learn the importance of health and safety for crew and passengers.
- Get essential medical and first aid knowledge you may need during a flight.
- Understand about your uniform and personal grooming and why it is so important.
- Get useful advice on fatigue management.
- Learn valuable crew resource management tips and advice.
Benefits of Cabin Crew Certification
- Improve your career prospects.
- Learn valuable knowledge, skills, advice and guidance to help you achieve success as a valuable member of the cabin crew.
- Study online from anywhere.
- Study at your own pace.
- Use any device to access your study modules.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your studies.
- Download and print your industry recognised certificate on successful completion.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 20 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: About Passenger Aviation
- Module 2 : Types of Airlines
- Module 3 : Aviation Regulation
- Module 4 : Understanding Aviation Abbreviations
- Module 5 : Geography and Time Zones
- Module 6 : Weather Conditions and Aviation Interruptions
- Module 7 : Layout of the Commercial Aircraft
- Module 8 : Passenger Announcements and Communication Systems
- Module 9 : The Galley
- Module 10 : Emergency Exits/Doors
- Module 11 : Cabin Area Hand Luggage
- Module 12 : Familiarisation of Emergency Equipment
- Module 13 : Flight Procedures
- Module 14 : Emergency Procedures & Stress Management
- Module 15 : Fire & Teamwork in the Event of a Fire
- Module 16 : Aviation Security & Health and Safety
- Module 17 : Medical & First Aid
- Module 18 : Cabin Crew Uniform & Personal Grooming
- Module 19 : Fatigue Risk Management
- Module 20 : Crew Resource Management
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices