No business can be successful without a reliable and well-structured business plan. Writing out a business plan forces you to review your entire business, investigate every important aspect and think about how to link different facets of your business together. In fact, a business plan is the blueprint for your business and will lend itself to change and evolution as your business grows and thrives. It’s an equally useful resource when things go wrong and you need to analyse your business.
Writing a business plan correctly is crucial to the foundation of your business and it's important to be comprehensive, clear and effective. It’s equally important to avoid common mistakes and pitfalls that most entrepreneurs make.What's Covered in the Course?This course on creating a business plan explains many important elements that comprise a good business plan. You will learn about:
This video course offers the following benefits
- Why you need a business plan and when you should have one ready
- The important information that a business plan should include
- How to identify and reach out to your niche market
- How to choose the best streams of revenue for your business
- How to develop a strong founding team for your business
- Understanding SWOT analysis and competition in your business
- How to include financials in the business plan like revenue, projects, profits, losses etc
- How to understand the economics surrounding your business and product and determining the correct pricing
- How to use pricing to calculate your profit margins, breakeven point and so on
- Determining equity, liability, assets of your business and including a balance sheet
- The course also includes several well-designed exercises to help you practise creating a solid business plan for your product or service.
Who can take the course?
- Understanding the different components that go into building a successful business
- Learning the intricacies and nuances of writing the perfect business plan
- Understanding the importance of targeting the right niche market for your product
- Understanding the financials that are crucial to creating a good business plan
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 50 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.