An introduction to blood transfusions for staff that need to understand the process of blood transfusion and real world scenarios to help support patients who have had a transfusion.
This course develops an understanding of the Blood Transfusion process for learners who are not directly involved with this process to widen their broad understanding of the subject.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
- Name the different blood groups and describe the importance of the correct blood group
- List different types of blood products and name at least one purpose of each type of blood product
- Describe how someone’s blood group is determined
- Explain why blood transfusions are sometimes clinically necessary
- Briefly describe the risks and benefits associated with blood transfusions
- Describe alternatives to blood transfusions
- Briefly describe the process associated with collecting a blood sample
- Briefly describe the concerns patients may have
- Explain why it is important to gain the patient’s consent for a blood transfusion
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.