Tutoring is an incredibly fun and rewarding profession to go into. In addition to this, it’s also very flexible and convenient, as all this work can be conducted from your home. However, there are certain features that you need to be equipped with, to enable you to be successful as an online tutor. One element that you need is a strategic mindset, with various approaches to broaden your chosen niche.
Creating and improving on methods that are going to enhance student engagement and interaction is incredibly important; however, when beginning your e-learning platform, you're rarely going to have bucket loads of students creating online traffic. Therefore, it's important to create a strategic marketing plan that's not only sufficiently detailed but also centered around your target audience and the needs that you are satisfying, by providing customers with your products and services.
Investigating every aspect of your target audience is vital to gaining success within the online tutoring industry. This directly impacts the courses that you need to create and the way in which you promote these courses. It also plays a role in the type of tutoring environment that you ultimately create. This environment dictates the types of software and tools used.
What You Will Learn
- How to determine the characteristics and requirements of your target audience
- How to choose the right subject and the appropriate way in which to create the correct course model
- How to choose the best online platform
- The process involved in creating your own online tutoring business
- The different methods that can be used to create an e-learning platform
- How you can effectively manage your courses and tutoring activity
- The best ways in which to conduct marketing for your commercial and niche e-learning platform
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learn how to effectively analyse your desired audience and market to them
- Gain knowledge on how to choose the best subjects
- Better understand the procedures that you need to undergo to build your own online tutoring platform
- Be better prepared to start or enhance your career as an online tutor
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 26 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Determining Your Requirements and Knowing Your Audience
- Module 02: Choosing Your Subject and Creating an Appropriate Course Pattern
- Module 03: How to Model Your Course and Setting Your Rates
- Module 04: Choosing or Creating an Online Platform on Which to Sell Your Courses
- Module 05: Marketing Your E-learning Platform and Creating a Niche
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices