Our pets are often one of the biggest sources of joy in our lives. With their boundless energy, impeccable senses and loving companionship, animals are an integral part of any family, and, as with any family member, our pets can fall ill or suffer health problems with age. Being able to help your pet feel better, even as they age, is often a goal of many pet owners.
People who invest their time into learning more about animal physiotherapy benefit by gaining a new perspective on holistic veterinary medicine, how to resolve certain health conditions in their particular breed of animal, feel confident in meeting their pet’s needs and more.
Becoming an animal physiotherapist can be an even greater challenge with more fulfilling rewards.
In this course, you will learn more about animal physiotherapy and how people can train to become animal physiotherapists.
What You Will Learn
- What animal physiotherapy is, why it is used and when it may not be an option for your pet
- The different types of physiotherapy treatments and assistive devices that are used to help animals
- How an animal physiotherapist assesses pets in physical therapy treatments
- How to get certified and become a veterinary physiotherapist
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Understand the non-invasive treatments that can help your pet feel better, regain fitness and more
- the situations where a veterinarian may prescribe physical therapy for your pet and when they may advise against it
- You become closer to your pet and develop a deeper understanding of your pet’s fitness and physical health needs
- Understand the ways to help your pet at home with animal physiotherapy and when to seek out a professional
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: What Animal Physiotherapy Is and Why It Is Used
- Module 02: Types of Animal Physiotherapy Treatments and Assistive Devices
- Module 03: How an Animal Physiotherapist Assesses a Pet for Treatment
- Module 04: Becoming a Veterinary Physiotherapist
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices