An agenda is essentially a meeting plan that outlines key items and topics to be discussed, and in what order. Depending on the purpose of the meeting and nature of your business, the agenda may be very simple, containing only a few items, or it may be more in-depth. The main goal, however, is always the same – to inform and prepare meeting participants in advance, and to ensure a smooth meeting process.
This course will be providing an overview of agenda-setting, why it’s important, how to create an effective agenda, as well as how to use an agenda to run a successful meeting.
You Will Learn:
- About the function of agenda-setting
- Why agenda setting is important
- How to create a well-planned agenda
- How to use an agenda to run a more effective meeting
Benefits of Studying This Course
- You will better understand the role agenda setting plays in preparing for a meeting
- You will learn how a well-planned agenda can benefit the organizer and participants of a meeting
- Your knowledge of agenda-setting will equip you with the tools needed to lead more productive and effective meetings
- You will be able to ensure that team members are well-prepared and encouraged to attend
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction
- Module 02: The Benefits of Agenda Setting
- Module 03: Creating and Sharing the Agenda
- Module 04: Using an Agenda to Run an Effective Meeting
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices