Advanced English Spelling Certificate
Good spelling skills are essential in every professional environment. They help you to clearly communicate complex messages. However, the English language is complicated and it’s easy to make mistakes.
This course will teach you how to avoid the most common pitfalls when it comes to spelling, capitalization, prefixes, and suffixes. You will also learn how to use spelling games, in order to cement your knowledge.
You Will Learn:
- How to spell some of the most confusing words in the English language and where people usually go wrong
- How to use prefixes, to change the meaning of a word and when to use a hyphen between a prefix and a base word
- How to use suffixes, to change the meaning of a word, including the rules governing the use of vowel and consonant suffixes
- When to use capital letters and how you can use spelling exercises and games in order to improve your understanding
Benefits of Studying This Course
- Whatever your occupation, this course will help you create more professional business correspondence, e-mail messages, and more.
- Building your spelling skills will also help you improve your reading ability, which is useful both in and outside of work.
- If you are responsible for proofreading documents as part of your job, this course will help you identify errors.
- If you work in the education or training sector, this course will help you assist others in developing their literacy skills.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.