PRINCE2® is a de facto standard developed and used extensively by the UK government and it is widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. It embodies established and proven best practice in project management.
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project regardless of project type or scale. PRINCE2® can be tailored to meet your organization or industry specific requirement.
There are two PRINCE2® 6th Edition qualifications - both of which are included in this bundle:
This foundation and practitioner course covers all of the official syllabus, which includes the following elements:
Introduction to projects and PRINCE2® – explains what makes projects different from BAU and introduces the four integrated elements of PRINCE2
The 7 Principles:
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to the Project Environment
The 7 Themes:
- Business Case – why are we investing in the project?
- Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
- Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
- Risk – managing uncertainty
- Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
- Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
The 7 Processes:
- Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
- Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
- Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
- Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
- Controlling a Stage – day-to-day project manager’s work
- Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
- Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
- Closing a Project – tidy close
The 2 Techniques:
- Product Based Planning
- Quality review Technique
NOTE: The latest versions of the PRINCE2® certifications are the 6th Edition exams, which this program covers.
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS LIMITED, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All Rights Reserved. The Swirl Logo is a Trademark of AXELOS LIMITED, Used Under Permission of AXELOS LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Accredited Prince2 Training is provided by Balance Global, accredited by AXELOS LIMITED.
Balance Global’s PRINCE2® elearning foundation and practitioner course is accredited by the PeopleCert (exam institute), ensuring that delegates receive a consistently high standard of training. The course is presented by our lead PRINCE2® trainer (rather than an actor) to ensure the best possible experience for our learners.
Get Qualified in less than 2 weeks
If you are dedicated it is entirely possible to attain all the qualifications in this course within 2 weeks.
The course will prepare you for taking the foundation and practitioner level examinations which are included with this course option. These exams must be booked within 180 days of purchase after which you your exam voucher expires and can no longer be used.
Top Quartile Exam Results
Because all of our courses (eLearning & Classroom) are optimised to cater for different learning styles we consistently achieve some of the highest exam pass rates. For example our learners on their first attempt achieve the following pass rates:-
- 99% of PRINCE2® Foundation
- 97% of PRINCE2® Practitioner
Unrivalled eLearning Software
- Works on Android .Apple Tablets, Apple Mac and Windows PCs
- Include FREE tablet apps for free online /offline course revision
- Numerous stimulating but simple to us drag and drop exercises embedded throughout all our courses.
- Resource Library with many FREE templates and tools to accelerate your career.
- In-house Course Completion & Excellence awards.
- Interactive Tutor Support from Accredited Course Tutors
- Timed exam simulator, with 2 ‘mock’ foundation exams
- 100’s of approved practice examination questions to embed knowledge
- 180 day access
PRINCE2® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS limits, used under permission of AXELOS Limited Who should be interested in this course?
- Project Managers / aspiring Project Managers
- Team Leaders /Lead Developers
- Programme Managers
- PMO staff such as risk managers, change managers, planners and resource managers
- Project Support Officers
- Business Analysts /SCRUM Masters
- Product Owners, SROs and Project Sponsors
- Operational Line Managers / Staff participating in a PRINCE2® Project
There are no prerequisites before you purchase this course.
Note: This course has been officially approved by PeopleCert. This ensures the official syllabi are covered. Candidates must successfully pass the Foundation exam before they can take the Practitioner exam.EXAMS
This option includes the official Foundation and Practitioner exams. These exams have to be booked within 180 days of purchase after which your exam voucher expires. The Exams are explained in detail below:-Foundation Exam
- Multiple Choice 60 questions
- 33 marks or more required to pass (out of 60 available marks) – 55%
- Closed Book exam
- The foundation exam is 1 hour
- This exam tests how much of the theory you have retained and understand
- No negative marking
- Qualification valid for life
Advantages of Online Proctor Examinations
- Objective testing
- 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- Based on a short scenario that will be provided to you during the exam
- 68 questions – 1 mark available per question
- 38 marks (55%) correct or more required to pass
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
Examination Methods & Bookings
- You choose how to take your exam – paper, web based or web proctored
- You choose the language of your exam – up to 22 languages available
- You get 24/7/365 customer support for any questions you may have
- You get instant online provisional results
- You can view, download and print your e-certificate once the official results are out
- You receive your certificate promptly
- Your employer, potential employer or recruitment agency can verify your certificate online
Do not sit the exam before you’re ready and feel confident. We recommend that you should only consider booking an official exam when you have achieved the following:-
- Worked through all the course sections and units at least once
- Completed the exam simulator tests and achieved a repeatable score of 55% / above.
Don’t feel nervous about the exam process. Our comprehensive eLearning course covers the exam syllabus in full and we will also provide you with exam hints and tips. Furthermore, we (unlike many competitors) pay extra for the premium remote proctoring service. With this Proctoring service you will be personally guided through the on-line exam process rather than having your exam being recorded and watched by an invigilator later. This means there are fewer opportunities for your exam to be disqualified because of inadvertent mistakes with in the exam process itself.Exam Voucher / Booking
If you purchase this course option you will be sent an email with a voucher code and a link to use the code to make your booking. The exam is run through our Examination Institute (PeopleCert) remote Proctor service. You can book your exam for a time and day of your choosing including weekends and evenings, but you need to give 10 days’ notice of when this is.
Within 24 hours of booking your exam you will receive a confirmation email asking you to register on the PeopleCert’s (Exam Institute) website before for your exam takes place.
Please note that you need to redeem your voucher (book your exam) within the course expiry period.