Do you have a passion for make-up and beauty? Do you love creating different characters using make-up? Do you enjoy trying new ideas every time you go out? Have you considered a career in make-up and just haven't found the time or a course you can afford? Then we have the solution for you.
Introduction to the Make-up Diploma Course
The make-up diploma is an effective online training course which comprises of twenty two information packed modules that include learning how to contour and how to apply the perfect smokey eye. The course takes approximately twenty hours to complete, enabling you to study in your own time and at your own pace.
The benefit to the make-up course is that you can study while working a full time job, studying from any device and at any time, as long as you have access to the internet.
What you will learn
The course is filled with twenty two modules which are designed to teach you everything you ever wanted to know about make-up from its history to how to use it. This includes over an hour of instructional video to help you fine tune your skills and achieve success moving forward.
- Understand make-up artistry along with the latest trends.
- Learn about the history of make-up, a time line of events and make-up through the centuries.
- Know the role of a beauty make-up artist, what you will have to do, working conditions and more.
- Get to know the skin, it's anatomy through to products, techniques and problem solving common skin issues.
- Know your tools. Get a good understanding on the different brushes you will have to use, how to care for them and how to choose a good quality brush.
- Learn how to use the brushes in terms of length, shape and effective application.
- Understand the uses of foundation, how to choose the right foundation, other products and application.
- Get to understand corrective make-up, how to use tools and other products.
- Learn the various make-up styles, day time, night time, angles and more.
- Learn how to apply eye make-up along with common mistakes and eye shapes.
- Learn about effective eyeliner techniques, mistakes and more.
- Get to grips with brow grooming. Know how to groom the brows, benefits of brow grooming, mistakes and how to fix problem areas and mistakes.
- Learn how to apply false eyelashes effectively.
- Know how to apply cheek colour, along with blush types and facial shapes.
- Understand how to apply lip colour, tips, benefits and mistakes.
- Get to know the current beauty trends.
- Learn about make-up in TV, film and magazines. Emphasising features, character make-up and more. Is this the position for you?
- Know what hair styles work best with what make-up to ensure the two work seamlessly together.
- Know how to maintain radiant skin from important steps to tips and advice.
- Understand the different make-up techniques for different seasons. Know what make-up works in summer and winter. Get a good understanding on the latest season trends.
- Learn some advanced techniques which can help you in your make-up career. Learn about contouring, useful tips, eye techniques and more.
- Identify what you need to start and run your own beauty salon from management to health and safety and so much more.
There are numerous benefits you can take advantage of when choosing to complete this information packed course. The benefits include:
- Course broken into twenty two easy to manage modules
- Lifetime access to course content online
- One full hour of instructional video
- Start your own business with confidence
- Fast track your career
- Study at your own pace in your own time
- Receive diploma on successful completion
- Get a second chance to take the test in the event you do fail
- Gain valuable insight into the make-up industry
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study experience
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 22 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: What is Beauty and Make-up Artistry?
- Module 2 : History of Make-up
- Module 3 : Role of a Beauty Make-up Artist
- Module 4 : Skin and Skin Care Anatomy
- Module 5 : Tools Used by a Make-up Artist
- Module 6 : Working with Make-up Artist Brushes
- Module 7 : Skin tone: Foundation Selection and Application
- Module 8 : Corrective Make-up Techniques
- Module 9 : Beauty Make-up Styles
- Module 10 : Eye Make-up
- Module 11 : Eyeliner Techniques
- Module 12 : Brow Grooming
- Module 13 : Lash Building Techniques/False Lash Application
- Module 14 : Cheek Colour Application
- Module 15 : Lip Colour Application
- Module 16 : Current Beauty Trends
- Module 17 : Make-up in TV, Film, and Magazines
- Module 18 : Hair styling for Make-up
- Module 19: Maintaining Radiant Skin
- Module 20: Make-up for Seasons
- Module 21: Advanced Techniques
- Module 22: Salon Management – Advertising your services/business
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices