Anyone who wants to enjoy the rewarding career of a hair stylist will benefit from this information packed online course which is overflowing with valuable advice, tips and more to give you the knowledge you need to work in the hair industry. The course is designed to give you all the skills and knowledge you will need in this line of work to provide your clients with the best advice and service, helping you build your career or start your very own hair salon.
Introduction to the Hair Stylist Diploma
This diploma is for anyone who wants a career in the hair industry, whether you want to start your own salon or work in a salon as a stylist. You will find the course very easy to use and understand. The course is broken down into twenty seven easy to manage modules, each one providing you with valuable information you can start using in the workplace without delay.
On completion of this course, which you can access online with any device, you receive your certification which is industry recognised. All certifications can be verified via the website, giving prospective employers complete peace of mind when confirming your credentials.
What You Will Learn
This course is overflowing with information relating to the hairdressing industry. During the course you will be taken through twenty seven modules, each one focusing on another important element of the industry.
Some of the things you can expect to learn when taking this course include:
- Learn why hairdressing is such a rewarding career
- Identify with hairdressing from pre-historic times
- Get insight into the evolution of hair styling from around the world from Egypt to Greece and Africa to Rome
- Information on training as an apprentice hairdresser in the United Kingdom
- What NVQ qualifications you will need to become a hair stylist in the United Kingdom
- Job availability within the UK
- Understand the anatomy of hair
- Know how hair grows along with its life cycle
- Know what parts of the hair determine colour and texture
- Learn the importance of client consultations
- Identify what equipment you are going to need
- Know the different types of combs and brushes
- Get insight into why shampoo is so important
- Learn about hair protein treatments, straightening creams, hair sprays and more
- Gain valuable information on client communications
- Know about front office etiquette and the best way to handle a client consultation
- Understand how to work with different hair types
- Enjoys tips and advice on how to run a successful salon
- Know why it is so important to base hairstyle on face shape
- Understand the different facial shapes
- Know how to shampoo and condition hair in a professional manner
- Enjoy step by step procedures to conditioning hair effectively
- Learn more about the hair dryer along with essential blow drying techniques
- Benefit from step by step hair styling techniques
- Gain insight into hair colouring techniques
- Get a good understanding of the different hair styling tips for special occasions and weddings
- Learn the different hair styles for children
- Identify with different hair up styling techniques and braiding
- Know everything there is about hair extensions
- Learn how to set prices
- Gain valuable insight into the importance of hygiene within the salon environment
- Know the importance of customer service
- Get tips and advice on setting up your own hair salon
- Learn some useful marketing strategies
- Get information on managing costs, forms and more
There are numerous benefits to taking this course online. The hair stylist diploma will provide you with a solid foundation to start your career in the hairdressing industry. Some of the benefits you can enjoy when choosing this diploma are:
- Complete all coursework online
- Study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home
- Enjoy online support
- Access coursework on any device
- Lifetime access to modules
- The course is broken into easy to manage modules
- Fast track your career
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 27 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction, Career Opportunities and Reasons to Learn Hairdressing
- Module 2 : History of Hair
- Module 3 : Job Availability and Working in the UK Hairdressing Industry
- Module 4 : Anatomy of Hair and Scalp
- Module 5 : Hair and Scalp Analysis
- Module 6 : Equipment needed to do Hair
- Module 7 : Hair Care Products
- Module 8 : Client Communications & Consultation
- Module 9 : How to Work with different Hair Types
- Module 10 : Strategies and Ideas for a Successful Salon
- Module 11 : Hair Colour and Hair Shape
- Module 12 : Professional Hair Washing, Shampoo and Conditioning
- Module 13 : Everything about Blow-drying
- Module 14 : Step-by-Step Hair Styling Techniques
- Module 15 : Hair Colouring Techniques
- Module 16 : Hairstyles for Weddings and Special Occasions
- Module 17 : Hairstyles for Children
- Module 18 : Hair Up-Styling and Braiding Techniques
- Module 19: Everything that you need to know about Hair Extensions
- Module 20: Head and Scalp Massage
- Module 21: Personal Presentation and Hygiene in a Salon
- Module 22: Analysing the Pros and Cons of Working in the Hairdressing Industry
- Module 23: Salon Reception and Customer Service
- Module 24: How to Set Up and Start your Own Salon Business
- Module 25: Marketing Strategies for Salon Businesses
- Module 26: Initial Funding, Setting Prices and Managing Costs
- Module 27: Forms and Record Keeping
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices