British laws require employers and companies to uphold safety regulations and safeguard their workers from injuries and accidents in the workplace. Eye accidents are very common in the workplace, but most can be prevented with the help of implementation of control measures, use of protective equipment and care. Most workers tend to be unaware of the risks associated with exposure to eye safety hazards and the adverse consequences that can arise. Eye injuries often result in permanent or temporary blindness with the loss of one or more eye functions.What's Covered in the Course?
- The importance of maintenance of protective equipment and control measures in order to minimise or eliminate risks and hazards.
- How to protect workers from chemical splashes and what do in case of emergencies. You will also learn about how acidic and alkaline substances damage the eye in different ways.
- Exposure to radiation hazards from thermal, infrared, UV and bright light sources and how to protect workers from the risks.
- How staring at the computer for prolonged periods can lead to strain, headaches and blurred vision. You will also learn different techniques that help reduce eye strain.
- The types of protective eye equipment and their functions
Benefits of Taking This Course
Who can take the course?
- You are in a better position to identify the different hazards that exist in your workplace.
- Employers can invest in the right safety equipment to safeguard their employees from injury.
- Businesses can upgrade prevention techniques, storage and maintenance of protective equipment for improved accident control.
- You can educate and update your employees on the risks and hazards associated with eye injuries.
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: How and Why it is Important to Promote Eye Safety in the Workplace
- Module 02: Chemical Splashes and Eye Injuries
- Module 03: Eye Exposure to Thermal, Infrared, UV, Cryogenic and Laser Radiation
- Module 04: Eye Protection from Flying Particles and Eye Strain Problems
- Module 05: Control Measures and Types of Personal Protective (Eye) Equipment
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major devices and browsers