Phonics is one of the most important building blocks in a child’s English education, and it’s essential for teachers to be well-versed in it. In this course, you will be introduced to phonics and how you can effectively teach it. There are so many different approaches to phonics, as well as different ways that teachers can tackle challenges that they are faced with. In this course, you have the chance to learn about the details of phonics and the many ways that it is taught.
Throughout the four modules, your e-learning will take you through the UK’s research and testing standards. This is an essential element of any teacher’s skill set, and the Teaching Phonics course aims to provide you with a well-rounded set of abilities. Phonics may seem simple to the native English speaker, but it’s actually full of challenging ideas for young learners and new English speakers to grasp. This course will give you the tools to teach phonics to anyone, no matter what their skill level.
You will Learn:
- What phonics is and how you can effectively teach it
- The different types of phonics lessons and what they focus on
- The different phases of phonics education and the ways they are evaluated
- The challenges that you may encounter when you’re teaching phonics
- How to use confidence and unique approaches to help struggling students
Benefits of Studying This Course
- You will understand the important aspects of phonics education in the UK
- You will gain valuable information about the proven approaches to phonics
- You will become confident in your teaching skills and use the right approaches for each situation
- You have the opportunity to test your knowledge and gain a sense of the challenges you may encounter
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices, and smartphones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple-choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test the first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01 – Introduction to Phonics
- Module 02 – Working with Phonics
- Module 03 – Common Challenges of Teaching Phonics
- Module 04 – Approaches to Phonics
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers/devices