A career in events management or wedding management can be exceptionally rewarding. This is a fast paced environment where you will be expected to know the industry and have outstanding planning and problem solving skills. This course is ideal for anyone who is looking for a successful career as a wedding or event manager or for anyone who is already working within the industry, but wants to have a certification in place to prove their passion and dedication to the industry.
Introduction to Events Management Diploma
The events management diploma is made up of twenty three modules. These modules are brimming with valuable information, tips, advice and guidance to help you enjoy a successful career as an events or wedding manager. The course should take around fifteen hours to complete with the convenience of studying at your own pace and where you feel most comfortable, utilising the online modules which work on all devices.
You will learn a host of essential skills, including staging and design, event logistics, legalities and what you need to know to start your own event management business.
During your studies you will have access to online support and on completion you will need to pass a multiple choice test which is based on what you have learned in the modules. On passing, you can download and print your certificate straight away.
What You Will Learn
In this information packed course, you can expect to learn the following:
- Understand the benefits of having a diploma and what is expected of you as an events manager.
- Learn the benefits of strategic management, why budgeting is so important and identify different events management software solutions.
- Identify why customer service skills are so important along with how to improve your communication skills effectively.
- Learn about the various types of events you may be asked to manage during your career.
- Learn about staging and design and gain insight into using the venue's resources, how to use seasonal themes and so much more.
- Understand the importance of financial management. Learn how to stick to a budget, sell tickets and manage the finances effectively throughout the event.
- Get insight into the importance of health and safety at all events. Learn how to run an event safely, what to look out for and how to cater to emergencies.
- Get advice on troubleshooting and logistics at events from electricity supply to tables and parking.
- Understand the wedding planning industry and why people need wedding planners to help them organise their special day.
- Identify with the various wedding types.
- Learn the wedding planning process.
- How to choose the right wedding venue based on your clients. Venues, hidden extras, negotiating the best prices and more.
- Understand the different wedding ceremonies and legalities, such as who can get married, making it official and schedules.
- Learn how to choose the right wedding theme.
- Learn how to save money when it comes to wedding attire, along with the regulations you need to be aware of.
- Get valuable insight on wedding catering and entertainment.
- Understand your role when it comes to printed materials.
- Organising transportation.
- Tips to find the best wedding photographers and videographers.
- Know your role as a wedding planner when the couple is getting married abroad.
- How to start your own events management business.
- Get a firm understanding of marketing, insurance and tax when opening your own events management business.
Benefits of the Event Management Diploma
This diploma is guaranteed to provide you with a wide range of superior benefits from when you first decide on events management as your career to running your own successful business.
The benefits include:
- Recognised certification.
- Online support throughout your studies.
- Informative modules you can rely on.
- Study at your own pace, no set schedules to work to.
- Boost your career in events management.
- Gain the knowledge and skills you need to enjoy a successful career.
- Get the insight and advice you need to start your own events management business.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 23 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Event Planning
- Module 2 : Strategic Management
- Module 3 : Customer Service Skills/ Personal Qualities Required
- Module 4 : Types of event
- Module 5 : Staging and Design
- Module 6 : Event Management Finances & Ticketing
- Module 7 : Health and Safety for Events
- Module 8 : Event management logistics & troubleshooting
- Module 9 : Wedding Planning Introduction
- Module 10 : Types of Wedding
- Module 11 : The Wedding Planning Process
- Module 12 : Choosing a Wedding Venue
- Module 13 : Wedding ceremonies & Wedding Legalities
- Module 14 : Planning a Wedding Theme
- Module 15: Clothing , Beauty & Attire for Weddings
- Module 16: Wedding Catering
- Module 17: Wedding Entertainment
- Module 18: Printed Materials and the Gift List
- Module 19 : Wedding Transport
- Module 20 : Photography/Videography
- Module 21 : Weddings Abroad
- Module 22 : Starting Your Own Events Planning Business
- Module 23: Marketing, Insurance & Tax
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices