Anyone who loves animals and wants to start their own successful pet sitting business will benefit from this information packed course. The course will teach you everything you need to know about caring for pets, including the legalities and insurances needed. Provide your clients with complete peace of mind when using your services with this industry recognised certification.
Introduction to Pet Sitting Diploma
The Pet Sitting Diploma is an online course which has been broken down into twenty three manageable and information packed modules, which should take around fifteen hours to complete. The course covers everything you need to know about setting up and running your own successful pet sitting business.
During your online studies, you enjoy the convenience of online support and the ability to study using any device with online modules you can access at any time from anywhere. You get to study at your own pace with no schedules, so you can still work full time while preparing to start your own business on the side and in the future.
On successful completion of the course, you will need to complete the multiple-choice test, which questions you on things you will have learned throughout the twenty three modules. On passing, you will gain immediate access to your certificate, which you can then download and print.
What You Will Learn
The manageable twenty three modules are designed to teach you everything you need to know when offering pet sitting services, this includes:
- Get an introduction to pet sitting. This includes health and safety and animal welfare, how to approach any animal and why security is so important.
- Learn about safety for you and the pet. Learn about written health and safety policies and when you need one, how to protect yourself and risks involved when it comes to pet sitting.
- Understand the legal requirements involved along with the five zoonotic diseases, the animal boarding act, health and safety at work and the importance of protecting your clients' information.
- Learn more about dog walking. Learn how to build your pack of dogs and signs of dog aggression along with the different types of dog aggression.
- Understand the importance of a pre-service visit, preparing pet information sheets and the documentation needed.
- Learn the five forms you must include in your client packs, how to comply with the Data Protection Act and storing your clients' information and how to use your client packs to increase your profits.
- Identify with day to day pet sitting, including how long you need to allocate for each dog walk, the order you need to use when taking care of each pet and time to set aside between appointments.
- Learn how to transport animals safely.
- Learn more about effective animal handling. You will learn the three step process to minimise stress in animals and when you should and shouldn't approach an animal.
- Learn more about dogs and cats from the different breeds to nutritional requirements.
- Get an understanding of fish. This includes the three groups and breeds. It will teach you the different water temperature requirements, how often water needs to be changed and how to test the water for nitrates.
- Understand how to care for rodents from cage cleaning frequency to breeds and types that you may be asked to care for.
- Learn how to care for rabbits and guinea pigs from their nutritional needs to behavioural traits and more.
- Learn everything you need to know about reptiles including feeding requirements, temperature requirements and behavioural traits.
- Get an understanding on various pet ailments and how to care for them.
- Learn essential pet first aid that you may have to use when offering your services.
- Get valuable information on setting up and running your own successful pet sitting business.
- Learn how to market your business effectively to reach the right target audience.
- Identify pricing and costs.
- Take advantage of the useful troubleshooting section to provide you with guidance and advice for your pet sitting business.
Benefits of the Pet Sitting Diploma
This effective training course provides you with a number of benefits, these include:
- You can use the diploma to improve your career prospects.
- You will be given the information and insight you need to start your own business.
- The course is broken down into manageable modules.
- You study online from anywhere using any device.
- You can study at your own pace with no deadlines to meet.
- Receive online support throughout your studies.
- Industry recognised certificate you can download, print and include in your client information packs.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 23 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Pet Sitting Diploma Introduction
- Module 2 : Safety (Yours & Animals)
- Module 3 : Legal & Requirements
- Module 4 : Dog Walking
- Module 5 : Pre Service Visit
- Module 6 : Forms and Record Keeping
- Module 7 : Day to Day Pet Sitting
- Module 8 : Transporting Animals Safely
- Module 9 : Animal Handling
- Module 10 : Dogs & Cats
- Module 11 : Fish
- Module 12 : Rodents
- Module 13 : Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
- Module 14 : Reptiles
- Module 15 : Birds
- Module 16 : Pet Ailments
- Module 17 : Pet First Aid
- Module 18 : Running Your Own Business
- Module 19 : Setting up a Business
- Module 20: Marketing
- Module 21: Pricing
- Module 22: Costs
- Module 23: Troubleshooting
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices