This course package has been put together to give you the best possible knowledge of using Xero, one of the most popular new accounting systems in the world, along with Microsoft Excel, the most commonly used software in the finance and accounting industry, as well as being one of the most popular and often used programmes across any industry in the world.
Xero is part of a new generation of accounting applications, allowing for quick and easy accounting, even on the go with their mobile app. Whether your business is a start-up or a long running organisation, Xero can streamline the way you do your accounting. This of course means learning how to change the way you operate, by studying this course.
This course will primarily appeal to small business owners, or entrepreneurs looking to start up their small business, but it can also appeal to individuals who may be on the lookout for an accounting role, or even those already in an accounting career who wish to learn a new software skill.
MS Excel 2016: Introduction
- Introduce yourself to the Xero Online accounting software. Learn how to load it, use it and make the most out of its features and facilities.
- Learn how to prepare bank reconciliations, including making adjustments to correct any discrepancies, tracking outstanding debits and credits and importing data from bank, credit cards and PayPal. Learn how to import and categorise transactions quickly and effectively.
- Learn how to deal with sales and invoices, and how to keep track of outstanding payments.
- Understand how to make note of bills and purchases, so that the accounts are up-to-date and accurate.
- Learn how to add contacts to the software, including regular suppliers or customers. Manage cashflow by scheduling payments and batch paying suppliers.
- Learn how to review and approve receipts to ensure that expenses that can be claimed are claimed.
- Gain insight into the reporting feature, including how to view, and share, reports and budgets, without having to wait until the end of the month.
MS Excel 2016: Intermediate
- Follow 34 lessons totally approx 17 study hours.
- Familiarise yourself with MS Excel 2016, its documents and controls.
- Learn to create tables step by step.
- Find out how to enter values correctly into the cells.
- Learn how to set up cell formatting, including conditional formatting.
- Study the manipulation of each cell and cell range.
- Learn to work with worksheets and entire files.
- Discover how to create a chart.
- Learn to create calculations using basic arithmetic formulas.
MS Excel 2016: Advanced
- Follow 35 lessons totally approx 18 study hours.
- Follow interactive lessons focused mainly on performing calculations.
- Broaden your basic knowledge by the application of logical and text functions.
- Understand the principles of referencing to the values in other cells.
- Learn to fill cells with series of data.
- Familiarise yourself with the advanced options of sorting and filtering data.
- Study searching for specific values in extensive tables.
- Examine how to split longer text entries in tables into individual data placed into several columns.
- Follow 29 lessons totally approx 15 study hours.
- Focus on the creation of charts and automation of the work in the program using macros.
- Also examine the insertion of various graphical elements into worksheets i.e. shapes or SmartArt graphics.
- Learn to prepare a table or entire worksheet before printing.
- Familiarise yourself with the options of protecting and sharing the workbook content.
- Look at the usage of macros, including their creation, editing and the options of macro security.