Successful business management involves a range of complex tasks and functions that help streamline processes. The tasks, features and tools explained in Sage 50 Intermediate course can be expected to be slightly more complex and intricate compared to the simpler ones in the beginners course.
For improved clarity with regard to a keyword or concept, it may be a good idea to refer back to the beginners course. Every concept will be introduced and explained before moving on to exploring the related features in Sage 50 Accounts.
Businesses often have to deal with hundreds of transactions performed during a month. For example, transactions may occur but cash need not have been received or paid out yet. Such transactions are called accruals and they are extremely necessary because they give a clear indication of a business’s financial health. The Sage 50 intermediate course will explain how users can leverage the features provided in Sage 50 accounts to calculate accruals.
In addition, you will learn about how to prepare and process purchase orders from product records. Purchase orders represent contracts between buyers and sellers and contain all the details regarding the purchase. Well-maintained information regarding purchase orders helps keep the inventory system up to date and streamline the purchasing process.
Once you have completed the intermediate course, you will be familiar with a comprehensive range of useful accounting functionalities provided by Sage 50 Accounts.
What You Will Learn
- How to set up a fixed asset record in Sage 50
- Three methods of calculating depreciation
- How to use the Asset Disposal Wizard and record sale of an asset
- What to do if depreciation has been missed for a month
- How to manage cheque and remittance
- Setting up purchase order defaults
- How to set up and calculate discounts on invoices and purchase orders
- How to record the delivery of stock and update cost prices
- Creating product defaults and understanding stock transactions
- How to correct an incorrectly entered AI, using the exact method and the average cost price method
- How to incorporate stock adjustments using the FIFO or First-in-First-out rule
- How to use the ‘Check bill of material’ (BOM) feature to track stock availability
- How to create price lists
- How to apply special prices, print and delete price lists
- How to set up manual discounts on sales orders and invoices
- How to create service invoices and enter details for item lines
Benefits of the Sage 50 Intermediate Diploma
- In-depth study and knowledge of different tools and features of the Sage 50 accounting software can help candidates add value to their team.
- Similarly, Sage 50 software is also ideal for those who own their own businesses and wish to become self-sufficient in managing their own accounting and invoicing and so on. Expertise in Sage 50 accounting software helps reduce reliance on external accountants.
- In addition, Sage 50 accounting software is recommended for those who wish to make a seamless transition from manual payroll processing to a computerised system. By opting to educate and update one’s skills in Sage 50, candidates can prove their ability to potential employers. The Sage 50 online course is suitable for individuals, business entrepreneurs and aspiring students who wish to learn the basics of computerised accounting and invoicing.
- A detailed working knowledge of Sage 50 can help aspirants gain confidence and help them provide a high standard of accounting services to companies.
- Candidates from all backgrounds and fields are free to learn the Sage 50 accounting course; it does not require any prerequisite academic qualifications. The only prerequisite condition is a basic working knowledge of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1 : Getting started with the Intermediate Course, Accruals and Prepayments
- Module 2 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (I)
- Module 3 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (Part II), Customer and Supplier Addresses and Purchase Orders (Part I)
- Module 4 : Intermediate Processing Purchase Orders from Product Records
- Module 5 : Purchase Orders (Part III), Stock Control and Monitoring (Part I)
- Module 6 : Stock Control and Monitoring (Part II)
- Module 7 : Inventory and Stock Control (Part III); Bill of Materials
- Module 8 : Product Pricing (Part II), Discounts and Credit Notes
- Module 9 : Discounts; How to Enter and Post a Credit Note
- Module 10 : Sales Order Processing and Completion; Audit Trail and Credit Control
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
Course Access: Lifetime
Exams Included: Yes
Compatibility: All major browsers / devices