Develop knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues, how to respond and act.
This session provides staff who are the designated safeguarding lead in their organisation and/or designated referrer with comprehensive guidance on how to respond and act to potential and actual safeguarding issues.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
- Describe how to apply local and national policy and procedural frameworks when undertaking safeguarding activity
- Name and explain what legislation is relevant to undertaking safeguarding activity
- Describe how you could support people and their carers to understand safeguarding issues to maximise their decision making
- Explain the safeguarding adults enquiry process
- Explain how to respond to safeguarding alerts and make referrals
- Identify and reduce potential and actual risks after disclosure or an allegation has been made
- Describe how you can support people to keep themselves safe
- Explain the immediate steps you should take when you become aware of potential abuse
- Discuss and develop protective strategies for those who don’t give consent
- Explain the purpose of safeguarding adults investigations and be able to apply the duties and tasks involved
- Maintain accurate, complete and up to date records
- Describe how to preserve forensic and other evidence
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the different agencies involved in investigating allegations of abuse
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.