Develop an understanding of safeguarding and the role of health sector staff in identifying and working with vulnerable adults.
This Safeguarding Adults eLearning courses provides staff in all roles within healthcare with an introduction to the key concepts and principles of safeguarding adults.
Half Day : Online Course
Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Online Training: Our courses use only the industry’s finest instructors. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
Navigation and Controls: These self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.
- Define the term ‘safeguarding adults’
- Understand the circumstances which may cause adults to be at risk of abuse
- Identify and describe the different types of abuse that may effect adults who need care and support
- Explain what is meant by the terms 'radicalisation' and 'extremism' and describe how an adult may be drawn into extremist activities
- Explain how you can work towards preventing abuse by promoting dignity and well-being through your own practice
- Describe how you can work in a person-centred and empowering way with adults
- Explain how to raise concerns where abuse of an adult is suspected within, or outside, your organisation, and the roles that different organisations play
- Discuss the key legislation and the role of policies and procedures relating to safeguarding adults in your own organisation
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the different agencies involved in investigating allegations of abuse