The Essential Guide to Team Collaboration with Microsoft’s Social Productivity Solution...
Learn how Microsoft Office 365’s powerful new Groups feature helps your team talk, plan, and collaborate! Get started with this 1-hour ’Office 365 Groups Essentials’ training course.
Microsoft Office has no shortage of ways for groups to work together. From simple spreadsheet sharing to social media tools like Yammer and Delve and collaboration platforms like SharePoint, Microsoft has provided plenty of tools to help people work as a team.
One of the newest tools is also the most powerful: Office 365 Groups. The Groups feature is built into Microsoft Outlook, the Office 365 web interface, and its own Groups mobile app.
Anyone can create their own Group or join an existing one. Inside they’ll find a a shared conversations area, shared calendar, and a shared Notebook. Groups integrate with users’ existing email, calendars, and OneDrive, and with special Connectors any Office 365 group can integrate with other cloud platforms such as Twitter, Bing News, GitHub, ZenDesk, and many more.
Objectives... You will be able to:
- Describe how to access Groups through Outlook and the Outlook Web App
- Use the Scheduling Assistant to find convenient meeting times for all Group members
- Share files with the Group via web, email, and OneDrive
- Access the Group Notebook from the web or OneNote
- Discuss how to use Connectors to add information from outside sources
Getting up to speed on all the power that Groups has to offer is critical to leveraging Groups properly within any organization, so in this course we demonstrate:
- How to access Groups through Outlook and the Outlook Web App
- Using the Scheduling Assistant to find convenient meeting times for all Group members
- Sharing files with the Group via web, email, and OneDrive
- Accessing the Group Notebook from the web or OneNote
- Leveraging Connectors to add information from outside sources
- Managing and securing your Office 365 Group
- Using the Groups mobile app to stay in touch
Office 365 Essentials is the first eLearning course to cover the new Groups feature, and is also a part of the 'Mastering Office 365' course. For additional features related to Groups also check out 'Office 365 Planner Essentials'.
Learn anytime, anywhere, at home or on the go.
Length of Subscription: 12 Months Online On-Demand Access
Running Time: 1 hour
Platform: Windows & MAC OS
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Stream your training via the internet, or download to your computer and supported mobile device, including iPad™, iPhone™, iPod™ Touch and most Android devices.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.