Installation, Storage and Compute is the first of a series of courses and exams designed to achieve the MCSA certification in Windows Server 2016.
We will cover installation of Windows Server through standard manual means and image based installations discussing various requirements and different versions. In addition we will cover the multiple administrative tools that are available.
Windows Server 2016 supports several types of storage and introduces new features and enhancements to features such as Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication.We will also discuss the connections of Windows Server 2016 physical and virtual machines to iSCSI and Fibre Channel SANs.
Hyper-V , the virtualization platform in Windows Server 2016, has undergone various changes and enhancements such as PowerShell Direct, Nested Virtualization, and Shielded virtualization which will be discussed along with general configuration and management of virtual machines.We will also cover a new style of virtualization possible in Windows Server 2016 known as Containers. We will consider and configure various types high availability and disaster recovery that are available in Windows.
In addition we will discuss the importance of patch management and monitoring and the various tools that are available in order to ensure the ongoing efficiency of Windows Server 2016.
- This series, along with the 70-741 and 70-742 series, will prepare you to take the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 exams.
Module 1 Installing Windows Servers in Host and Compute Environments
- 1.1 Course Introduction
- 1.2 Determining Windows Server 2016 – Part1
- 1.3 Determining Windows Server 2016 – Part2
- 1.4 Determining Windows Server 2016 – Part3
- 1.5 Determining Windows Server 2016 – Part4
- 1.6 Determining Windows Server 2016 – Part5
- 1.7 Installing Windows 2016 – Part1
- 1.8 Installing Windows 2016 – Part2
- 1.9 Installing Windows 2016 – Part3
- 1.10 Installing Windows 2016 – Part4
- 1.11 Installing Windows 2016 – Part5
- 1.12 Managing Windows Installation With Windows PowerShell
- 1.13 Creating Managing And Maintaining Windows Images For Deployment – Part1
- 1.14 Creating Managing And Maintaining Windows Images For Deployment – Part2
- 1.15 Creating Managing And Maintaining Windows Images For Deployment – Part3
- 1.16 Creating Managing And Maintaining Windows Images For Deployment – Part4
Module 2 Configure Active Directory Network for Host and Compute Environments
- 2.1 Overview of Active DirectoryDomain Services – Part1
- 2.2 Overview of Active DirectoryDomain Services – Part2
- 2.3 Overview of Active DirectoryDomain Services – Part3
- 2.4 Overview of AD DS Domain Controllers – Part1
- 2.5 Overview of AD DS Domain Controllers – Part2
- 2.6 Deploying Domain Controllers – Part1
- 2.7 Deploying Domain Controllers – Part2
- 2.8 Overview Of Group Policy Purpose Components And Processes – Part1
- 2.9 Overview Of Group Policy Purpose Components And Processes – Part2
- 2.10 Overview Of Group Policy Purpose Components And Processes – Part3
- 2.11 Creating And Configuring GPOs – Part1
- 2.12 Creating And Configuring GPOs – Part2
- 2.13 Security Management Using Group Policy – Part1
- 2.14 Security Management Using Group Policy – Part2
- 2.15 Security Management Using Group Policy – Part3
Module 3 Implementing Local and Enterprise Storage Solutions
- 3.1 Managing Disk And Volumes In Windows Server 2016 – Part1
- 3.2 Managing Disk And Volumes In Windows Server 2016 – Part2
- 3.3 Managing Disk And Volumes In Windows Server 2016 – Part3
- 3.4 Managing Disk And Volumes In Windows Server 2016 – Part4
- 3.5 Implementing And Managing Storage Spaces – Part1
- 3.6 Implementing And Managing Storage Spaces – Part2
- 3.7 Implementing And Managing Storage Spaces – Part3
- 3.8 Configuring Data Duplication – Part1
- 3.9 Configuring Data Duplication – Part2
- 3.10 Understanding Various Types of Storage
- 3.11 Comparing SAN Options – Part1
- 3.12 Comparing SAN Options – Part2
- 3.13 Understanding ISNS, DCB and MPIO
- 3.14 Configuring File and Folder Sharing in Windows Server – Part1
- 3.15 Configuring File and Folder Sharing in Windows Server – Part2
- 3.16 Configuring File and Folder Sharing in Windows Server – Part3
- 3.17 Configuring Advanced File Services With FSRM – Part1
- 3.18 Configuring Advanced File Services With FSRM – Part2
- 3.19 Configuring Advanced File Services With FSRM – Part3
Module 4 Implementing Hyper-V Virtualization and Containers
- 4.1 Installing Hyper-V Virtualization
- 4.2 Configuring Storage And Networking In Hyper-V Hosts – Part1
- 4.3 Configuring Storage And Networking In Hyper-V Hosts – Part2
- 4.4 Configuring And Managing Virtual Machines – Part1
- 4.5 Configuring And Managing Virtual Machines – Part2
- 4.6 Understanding Windows Server And Hyper-V Containers
- 4.7 Deploying Windows Server And Hyper-V Containers
- 4.8 Using Docker To Install Configure And Manage Containers
Module 5 Implementing High Availability
- 5.1 Overview of High Availability And Disaster Recovery – Part1
- 5.2 Overview of High Availability And Disaster Recovery – Part2
- 5.3 Implementing Network Load Balancing – Part1
- 5.4 Implementing Network Load Balancing – Part2
- 5.5 Planning And Configuring Failover Clustering – Part1
- 5.6 Planning And Configuring Failover Clustering – Part2
- 5.7 Planning And Configuring Failover Clustering – Part3
- 5.8 Managing A Failover Cluster
- 5.9 Integrating Failover Clustering and Hyper-V – Part1
- 5.10 Integrating Failover Clustering and Hyper-V – Part2
- 5.11 Configuring Site Availability
Module 6 Maintaining and Monitoring Server Environments
- 6.1 Windows Server Update Services – Part1
- 6.2 Windows Server Update Services – Part2
- 6.3 Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration
- 6.4 Windows Server 2016 Monitoring Tools – Part1
- 6.5 Windows Server 2016 Monitoring Tools – Part2
- 6.6 Conclusion
LEARN365 Courses Include 12 Months Unlimited Online Access to:
Expert Instructor-Led Training: Learn 365 uses only the industry's finest instructors in the IT industry. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Visual Demonstrations & Multimedia Presentations: Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Learn 365 always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
Quizzes & Exam Simulators: Learn 365's custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Learn 365 courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing center. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Social Learning & Networking: Learn 365 has designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS). This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students and Learn 365 employees, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and like different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Flash Cards & Educational Games: IT online learning knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
Navigation and Controls: Learn 365's self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
Certificate of Completion: Upon completion of your training course, you will receive a Certificate of completion displaying your full name, course completed as well as the date of completion. You can print this out or save it digitally to showcase your accomplishment.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.