The Massage Masterclass Course will guide you through all aspects of massage to enable you to get on your way to becoming a competent massage therapist.
The course is 19 modules long and covers a wide range of topics and massage techniques from Indian Head Massage through to Thai Foot Massage. Each technique is accompanied by a video tutorial to show you the correct techniques.
Learn skills for your own use, or get a thorough grounding and to begin a career in massage therapy. Learn to massage in a variety of styles over the course of comprehensive lessons. Kick-start a career in massage therapy, or use this course to gain an understanding of anatomy and physiology as a springboard to further study.
Begin by understanding how the body’s systems are structured and how they are affected by massage. Next, develop the skills necessary to communicate with clients and understand their needs. Then, follow step-by-step as our expert tutors guide you through the practical techniques.
Gain insights from experienced industry professionals as they take you on a journey around the body and around the world through China, Thailand, Sweden and India. Offering tips and insights you won’t find anywhere else, this course is the perfect introduction to a booming industry.
Key Learning Points
Be confident that you’ll always know the best response to pain and stiffness as you gain expertise in Indian, Thai and Swedish massage. Discover the difference between relaxation and remedial massage, and how to determine the correct treatment for a range of patients.
Specialist massage styles such as sports massage, pregnancy massage and baby massage are also covered, with a full module provided for each. Further specialise your massage with additional elements like hot stone or aromatherapy, and learn how these techniques positively affect the body.
Lessons covered in these comprehensive modules include:
- Introduction to massage therapy.
- Anatomy of the human body.
- Equipment, oils and safety.
- How to engage and empathise with clients and understand their needs.
- How to give patient consultations, and why this is essential before certain massages.
- General techniques and massage strokes.
- Complimentary therapies.
- Pain relief.
- Separate modules for facial, neck, foot and full-body massages.
- Anti-cellulite massage therapy.
- Pregnancy and baby massage.
- The history of global massage styles.
- Medical massage and special needs.
Use your new skills and knowledge socially for friends and family, or dive into the professional world and take up a career as a massage therapist.
As the world becomes increasingly stressful, you will be well placed to offer much-needed relaxation and remedy. Armed with the tools in this thorough course, you’ll be certified and set to take a job offering relief to people the world over.
Advantages of this course
The massage therapy industry is booming as more and more people realise the health benefits on offer. Get a leg up in a competitive market with the International Massage Diploma.
All of our courses are written for true flexibility, allowing you to study at your own pace. All learning materials are accessible worldwide via the Internet.
- Stepping stone to further study or employment in massage therapy.
- No entry requirements – anyone can enrol.
- No fuss and no mess, with all study materials provided electronically.
- 24 hours customer service support 5 days a week.