Learn how to manage successful programmes by completing the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner course. Since 1999, the Managing Successful Programmes has been a world-leading qualification for professionals who want to demonstrate industry best practice in project management and business strategy execution.
By covering both beginner and advanced levels, the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package is best suited to:
- Project and programme managers who want to sharpen their skills or to earn a globally-recognised qualification.
- Project team members who need to better understand and apply the processes involved in their corporate programmes.
- Employees who want to improve their chances of promotion.
- Individuals who would like to cross-train for a career in programme and project management.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study courseware, the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package is delivered online using the learning platform. Using the power of the Internet, course contents are available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient.
Students can test their progress through each module using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous practical examples in each section that students help learners understand the application of the techniques being demonstrated. Students can discuss topics with their peers using the social networking facilities, adding another valuable learning tool by which the can further improve knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points
Designed to help professionals with little or no experience, the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package begins with the basics or programme management before moving on to the Practitioner, or expert, level. By completing both courses that make up the package, students will be fully prepared to sit and pass the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner examinations.
As they progress through the package, learners will cover many topics including:
Advantages of this course
- The core concepts of the MSP® framework.
- The importance of developing a vision for projects and programmes.
- How to build a blueprint from the vision statement that outlines the project fundamentals.
- Writing a programme definition document that helps to clarify what needs to be achieved.
- Developing a programme plan that helps put project controls in place.
- Using benefits realisation management to ensure that programmes deliver the expected positive outcomes.
- Restructuring the organisation to support the project and implementing a Programme Office to deliver change.
- Considering the business case for programmes.
- The importance of leaders, rather than managers when delivering transformational change.
- The use of tranches to simplify project delivery.
- Delivering the capability and realising the benefits outlined in the project dossier.
- The importance of Quality Management to ensure deliverables are of an acceptable standard.
- Using risk management and issue resolution to keep programme tranches on track.
- How to complete a project and obtain sign off from stakeholders.
Upon completion of both Foundation and Practitioner exams, students will have mastered the fundamental techniques of programme management. They will also have acquired the knowledge required to pass both Foundation and Practitioner level exams and earn the accompanying qualifications.
Other benefits available through the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package include:
- A greater understanding of project and programme management techniques, and how they are applied in a corporate environment.
- How to improve project and programme management team performance.
- Improved employment prospects through internal promotion, or elsewhere in the project management sector.
The Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation & Practitioner Package is a mandatory requirement for any individual wanting to sit and pass their MSP® Foundation & Practitioner examinations. Without completing this training, candidates will not have the requisite level of knowledge and experience to attain the qualifications.
Upon completion project management courses you can apply to gain your PDU points.
All MSP® eLearning are offered through MPS® ATO (Accredited Training Organisation) SPOCE Project Management Ltd. MSP® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.