Level 3 Certificate in Surveying Technologies Theory
[ USUR01 ]
Course Length - 6 Months
Award Received - IQ Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (QCF)
Course Code: BTC05
The IQ Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (QCF) is a knowledge based qualification aimed at individuals who want to develop their knowledge and skills and prepare them to undertake further learning or employment within this area.
Please note that you cannot purchase this course using finance. We can only accept full payment of the course fee.
This qualification is one of the requirments for anyone wishing to gain of the new CSCS Green Card, which came into force July 2014. Learners must achieve the IQ Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (QCF) alongside the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test before they may apply for the new CSCS Green Card.
More details can be found here: Details are here http://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/health-and-safety-test/
The CSCS Green Card will enable employers to instantly recognise whether a learner has the necessary training and qualifications within this area.
- Know the principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Know the importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Know the importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Know risks to health within a construction environment
- Know the importance of working around plant and equipment safely
Industry Qualifications IQ is approved by the UK’s national regulator of qualifications Ofqual and by the Scottish regulator SQA Accreditation. It was launched in 2011 to provide users and learners with the objective of achieving the highest levels of assessment integrity, customer service and sector engagement. Uniquely, it is a membership based awarding organisation bringing together the best of UK vocational education in a not for profit environment. Further information can be found on the IQ web-site www.industryqualifications.org.uk
Qualification Code 601/5703/3
Method Of Study
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tuto
Method of Assessment
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
Course Length Information
This course can be taken over a 6 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish. (40Hours).
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.