The Klingon language was originally created to add realism to a race of fictional aliens who inhabit the world of Star Trek films and TV series. Although Klingons themselves have never existed, the Klingon language is in fact real.
Invented for the film, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) by Linguist Marc Okrand, the Klingon language was developed from gibberish to a usable means of communication, complete with its own vocabulary, grammar, figures of speech, and even slang and regional dialects.
With our easy-to-digest online course you will get a feel for Klingon. Learn alien keywords and phrases and you can delight and amuse your family and friends in your everyday life!
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This fun-filled programme will fuel your imagination entirely, and provide you with language skills to understand and communicate in this extra-terrestrial language.
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Klingon
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simple greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Learn Klingon and join a group of very interesting people within a very exclusive language club, where you can be safe in the knowledge that not many people are going to be able to eavesdrop!
- Fluency in Klingon would introduce you to an aspect of culture that has proven to be popular and continuing for several decades.
- As humans we use language to think. Knowing just a single language limits the mono-linguist to a certain frame of mind. Learning a second language can help to shape your mind to think more broadly.
- Learning Klingon is fun and different to learning other more conventional languages. It will add creativity and originality to your profile.