China is one of the world’s oldest and richest cultures at over 5000 years old, boasting a population of 1.28 billion people and Mandarin Chinese is the fastest growing language in the world, with 960 million native speakers globally. It is the official language of China, being one of the six UN official languages, and is at the heart of the Chinese civilisation and culture in novels, poetry and drama. Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, the Philippines and Mongolia are all influenced by Mandarin Chinese.
This package will teach you this language that is popular among both native speakers and learners alike. You will learn up to an advanced level, and learn handy business language to improve your job opportunities or existing company’s prospects in Mandarin Chinese speaking areas. China is the second largest economy in the world, and you can take advantage of this wealth as soon as you finish this course.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Chinese Mandarin Level 1
Chinese Mandarin Level 2
- Identify the alphabet and the sounds in Chinese Mandarin
- Introduce yourself and others
- Talk about colours
- Use numbers 1-20
- Use the days of the week
- Use simply greetings
- Talk about professions
- Talk about countries and where you live
- Tell the time
- Give your phone number and contact details
- Talk about food and drinks
Chinese Mandarin Level 3
- Make basic conversation and greetings
- Tell the time
- Talk about clothes and shopping
- Order at the café
- Talk about the house
- Use phrases for travel and at the beach
- Make simple requests, recommendations and apologies
- Talk about what is happening
- Describe problems
Chinese Mandarin Business
- Ask for locations or places using “where?”
- Recognise parts of the body
- Ask politely using “could”
- Learn how to order food and drinks at a restaurant
- Learn how to ask for information in a hotel
- Able to express yourself in the future tense
- Talk about yourself and your company
- Arrange and attend business meetings
- Talk on the phone and leave messages
- Describe your product
- Use phrases to help with negotiations and sales
- Discuss agreements and contracts
- Talk about banking and accounting
- Use key phrases for business and travel
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Mapped to international CEFR levels and ACTFL standards.
- Speak the same language as 960 million native speakers worldwide.
- Understand the language of Chinese heritage and culture.
- Implement your knowledge as you make your way through the course.
- Examples in sound, so you can practice your pronunciation until it’s perfect.