ABOUT THIS COURSE
Our Online GCSE Mathematics Distance Learning Course is the international version or IGCSE. This course aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques to provide a foundation of mathematical skills for further study. Through studying this course you will become more confident in applying mathematical techniques and concepts to solve problems and you will develop an understanding of the importance of maths in everyday life.COURSE DETAILS
COURSE DESCRIPTIONOur Distance Learning GCSE Mathematics Course enables students to:
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics
- Course Code: UIG08
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques
- Acquire a foundation of mathematical skills for further study in the subject or related areas
- Enjoy using and applying mathematical techniques and concepts, and become confident to use mathematics to solve problems
- Appreciate the importance of mathematics in society, employment and study.
COURSE CONTENT1. Numbers and the number system
2. Equations, formulae and identities
- Powers and roots
- Set language and notation
- Ratio and proportion
3. Sequences, functions and graphs
- Use of symbols
- Algebraic manipulation
- Expressions and formulae
- Simultaneous linear equations
- Quadratic equations
- Functional notation
5. Vectors and transformation geometry
- Angles and Triangles
- Circle properties
- Geometrical reasoning
- Trigonometry and Pythagoras’ Theorem
- Mensuration of 2-D shapes
- 3-D shapes and volume
- Transformation geometry
- Graphical representation of data
- Statistical measures
As you progress through the Online GCSE Mathematics Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.QUALIFICATION INFORMATION
METHOD OF STUDYOur Online GCSE Mathematics Course is powered by:
- Our Online GCSE Maths Course is written to the Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics syllabus (Specification A) (4MA0).
- Edexcel is the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and internationally.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
- CloudPort© – Our Virtual Learning Environment: offering 24/7 access to all your materials – so you can study on the move
- Online Lessons and Assessments – allowing you to study on any Smart Device
- Lively and interactive study environments, where you can engage in group collaboration with fellow students
- 12 Months Course Access & Tutor Support – giving you the confidence you need to achieve your learning goals
- Digital and Print resources – both included in course fees
- Live chat functionality with tutors and students – giving you immediate access to the information you need
- Direct links to media-rich and interactive learning resources – making your learning cool, engaging and effective
Are part of your Online GCSE Mathematics Course you will be subject to Formative and Summative Assessment. Formative assessments do not count towards your final mark but are used to gauge your progress and performance. These assessments are used to prepare you for the Final Examination set by Edexcel. The Online GCSE Mathematics Course includes the following assessment elements:
COURSE LENGTH INFORMATION
- Formative Assessment including: Activities, Multiple Choice Assessment, Short Answer and tutor marked Mock Exam.
- Summative Assessment – Final Exam sat over 2 papers
Our IGCSE courses come with tutor support for 12 months.TUTOR SUPPORT
- Perhaps the most important asset provided as part of your Online GCSE Mathematics Course is access to a dedicated academic tutor.
- You will be assigned a tutor on enrolment who will support you for 12 months. Support extensions are available upon request.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.