ABOUT THIS COURSE
Our Online GCSE Geography Distance Learning Course is the international version or IGCSE. This course aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of geographical concepts and enables you to appreciate the relevance of these concepts in the world. You will learn about different views and attitudes towards global issues and gain an understanding of the importance of creating a sustainable future.COURSE DETAILS
COURSE DESCRIPTIONOur Distance Learning GCSE Geography Course enables students to:
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - IGCSE in Geography
- Course Code: UIGC03
- Apply and build on the fundamental building blocks of geographical knowledge
- Actively engage in the process of geographical enquiry to develop as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of geographical concepts and appreciate the relevance of these concepts to our changing world
- Develop a framework of spatial awareness in which to appreciate the importance of the location of places and environments from a local to global scale
- Appreciate that people have different views of, and attitudes to, the world, its environments and its issues
- Develop and apply practical geographical enquiry skills
- Undertake geographical investigations that include both primary and secondary data collection and presentation, analysis and drawing conclusions
- Develop and apply their learning to the real world through fieldwork
- Develop their awareness of global issues and recognise the need for a sustainable future.
COURSE CONTENT1. The Natural Environment
Complete two of the three topics:
2. People and their Environments
- River environments
- Coastal environments
- Hazardous environments
Complete two of the three topics:
3. Practical Geographical Enquiry
- Economic activity and energy
- Ecosystems and rural environments
- Urban environments
The development of practical geographical enquiry skills related to the investigation of each selected topic from Sections A and B.4. Global Issues
Complete one of the three topics:
- Fragile environments
- Globalisation and migration
- Development and human welfare
As you progress through the Online GCSE Geography Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessmentQUALIFICATION INFORMATION
METHOD OF STUDYOur Online GCSE Geography Course is powered by:
- Our Online GCSE Geography Course is written to the Edexcel IGCSE Geography syllabus (4GE0).
- Edexcel is the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and internationally.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
- CloudPort© – Our Virtual Learning Environment: offering 24/7 access to all your materials – so you can study on the move
- Online Lessons and Assessments – allowing you to study on any Smart Device
- Lively and interactive study environments, where you can engage in group collaboration with fellow students
- 12 Months Tutor Support – giving you the confidence you need to achieve your learning goals
- Digital and Print resources – both included in course fees
- Live chat functionality with tutors and students – giving you immediate access to the information you need
- Direct links to media-rich and interactive learning resources – making your learning cool, engaging and effective
As part of your Online GCSE Geography Course you will be subject to Formative and Summative Assessment. Formative assessments do not count towards your final mark but are used to gauge your progress and performance. These assessments are used to prepare you for the Final Examination set by Edexcel. The Online GCSE Geography Course includes the following assessment elements:
COURSE LENGTH INFORMATION
- Formative Assessment including: Activities, Multiple Choice Assessment, Short Answer and tutor marked Mock Exam.
- Summative Assessment – Final Exam sat over 2 papers.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.TUTOR SUPPORT
- Perhaps the most important asset provided as part of your Online GCSE Geography Course is access to a dedicated academic tutor.
- You will be assigned a tutor on enrolment who will support you for 12 months. Support extensions are available upon request.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.