ABOUT THIS COURSE
History is the study of past events. To understand the present thoroughly, we need to look at past events and see how they are influencing the current state of the world. It would be impossible to understand the present social, economic and political climate without referring to the events of the 20th century. By taking this online IGCSE History Distance Learning course you will be fully prepared for the exam.COURSE DETAILS
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - IGCSE in History
- Course Code: UIG07
History is the study of past events. To understand the present thoroughly, we need to look at past events and see how they are influencing the current state of the world. It would be impossible to understand the present social, economic and political climate without referring to the events of the 20th century. Similarly, it would be difficult to understand the events of the 1900s without looking at the 1800s. All this means that in order to understand our present, there is a compelling case for studying History.
- Unit 1: 19th century core content: What caused the First World War?
- Unit 2: Depth Study: Russia 1905-1941
- Unit 3: 20th century core content: International Relations since 1919
- Unit 4: Depth Study: Israelis and Palestinians 1945-1994
The notes and assignments for all units have been clearly set out for you. All the factual information required for the examination is in the notes.
We have deliberately designed the course to make it as interactive as possible with lots of self-assessment exercises for you to carry out. But we dont leave it there for we give you comprehensive answers so that you can gauge how much you have learned. As well as that, we set you practice exam-type questions which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on.QUALIFICATION INFORMATION
What will be in the examinations?The four modules you will study are split over three examination papers:
The IGCSE examination Paper One is for 2 hours. It is a written paper. In Section A candidates can answer two questions on either the 19th or 20th century core content topics (Units 1 and 3).
In Section B candidates can answer one question one depth study (either unit 2 or 4).This paper is worth 40% of the total marks available.
The IGCSE examination Paper Two is for 2 hours. It is a written paper. Candidates can answer a series of questions on either the 19th or 20th century core content topics (Units 1 and 3).This paper is worth 33% of the total marks available.
The IGCSE examination Paper Four is for 1 hour. It is a written paper. Candidates can answer one question on one depth study (either unit 2 or 4) and the questions will be based on historical sources.This paper is worth 27% of the total marks available.
Cambridge International Code 0470METHOD OF STUDY
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
- Our IGCSE courses are fully digitised so you can study on any smart device.
- Your learning programme is completely flexible so you can study at a pace that suits you.
- All our content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
COURSE LENGTH INFORMATION
- Your course of study is broken down into units and sections, each of which contains lessons, activities and test papers.
- Courses are delivered on our Moodle based Digital Learning Environment CloudPort allowing you to study from anywhere on any smart device as long as you have access to the Internet.
- The course concludes by preparing you for examination using past papers in your chosen subject.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.TUTOR SUPPORT
- Your have access to both a student service advisor and academic course tutor. Your student service advisor will offer assistance with administrative and technical issues.
- Your academic tutor will support you with any course related questions you might have. In addition you have access to an interactive forum where you can engage with your fellow course students.
- Our core pedagogy highlights the significance of peer support in the learning process and as such all students are encouraged to support their fellow students using support forum.
Need to train your Team? Contact Us for Discounts on Multiple Subscription Purchases.