Dog Grooming Level 3
[ UANC01 ]
Our Distance Learning Dog Grooming Diploma course gives you the opportunity to learn in detail about all aspects of grooming dogs. The course includes the history of humankind’s relationship with dogs, in depth details of the grooming process, as well as helpful advice on how to set up and run your own dog grooming business. Once you have completed your theory, you can go on to take a practical training course. We are delighted to be working with Chadkirk Dog Grooming Training: www.groomertraining.co.uk
Course Length - 12 Months
Award Received - Level 3 Certificate of Achievement by ABC
Course Code: UANC01
By completing our distance learning Diploma in Dog Grooming, you can expect to develop a range of valuable skills. These include:
- a detailed understanding of the relationship between humans and dogs and a working knowledge of the long history of this relationship
- an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of different breeds of dog and the ability to adapt grooming techniques to suit each breed
- the ability to understand that each dog has a unique personality, and how to adapt accordingly so grooming is efficient and hassle-free
- the ability to groom dogs as quickly as possible whilst showing maximum attention to detail
- the business skills necessary to help in the setting up of a dog grooming service.
- Man’s History with Dogs - The History of Dog Grooming - The Dog Grooming Profession
- Dog Breeds - Breed Recognition - Dog Anatomy and Physiology - Dog Diseases - First Aid
- Types of Coat - Smooth Coat Breeds - Short Coat Breeds - Double Coat Breeds - Long and Silky Coat Breeds - Harsh and Wiry Coat Breeds - Curly and Woolly Breeds - Corded Coated Breeds
- Types of Coat - Short Coat Breeds - Long Coat Breeds - Designer Breeds
- Equipment Required - Grooming Tools – Clippers – Blades - Shears – Scissors – Equipment –Maintenance - uniforms and Protective Clothing - Protective Equipment - Products Required - Price Lists - Suppliers Information and Contact Details
- Safety Measures - Dog Psychology - Dog Control - Pre-Bath – Bath - Post Bath
- Grooming - Dealing with Double Coats - Professional Grooming Shortcuts - Working with Puppies - Working with the Senior Dog
- Terriers - Terrier Trims - Head Details - Body Details - Hand Stripping - Terrier Breeds - Airedale Terrier - Australian Terrier - Bedlington Terrier - Cairn Terrier - Dandie Dinmont Terrier - Irish Terrier - Kerry Blue Terrier - Lakeland Terrier - Norfolk Terrier - Norwich Terrier – Schnauzer - Scottish Terrier - Sealyham Terrier - Soft-coated Wheaten Terrier - Welsh Terrier - West Highland White Terrier - Wire Fox Terrier - Yorkshire Terrier - Breed Grooming Comparisons
- Spaniel Breeds - Spaniel Breed Trims - American Cocker Spaniel - American Water Spaniel - Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - English Cocker Spaniel - English Springer Spaniel - English Toy Spaniel - Irish Water Spaniel - Welsh Springer Spaniel - Poodle Types - Poodle Breed Trims - Minature Poodle - Standard Poodle - Toy Poodle
- Setter Breeds - Setter Trims - English Setter - Gordon Setter - Irish Red Setter - Irish Red Setter - Other Breeds - Bichon Frise - Old English Sheepdog - Portuguese Water Dog - Mixed Breeds and Designer Dogs
- Drop Coat Breeds - Drop Coat Trims - Coton de Tulear – Havanese - Lhasa Apso – Pomeranian - Shih Tzu - Troubleshooting
- The Law and You - Health and Safety - First Aid - Setting Up in Business – Accessories – Finances - Choosing Premises - Salon Design – Insurance - Business Plan - Business Profile - Business Portfolio - Conclusion
Further Reading & Research.
This DVD Offers comprehensive advice on basic grooming techniques.
• Ideal for professional, student, or home groomers.
• Demonstrates work carried out in a real grooming salon.
• Languages: English and Spanish.
• Author: Artero.
• Length: 140 minute
The Complete Dog Breed Guide
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards' Quality Licence Scheme. This means that UK Distance Learning & Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by UK Distance Learning & Publishing to meet specific learners' and/or employers' requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards' endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards also offers Ofqual regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
 Regulators for exams and assessments in England and Wales
METHOD OF STUDY
The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
You will get full tutor support via email
You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor
When you have completed your theory course you should consider taking a "Hands on" practical training course through a reputable company.
We advise you to use Chadkirk Dog Grooming Training. See www.groomertraining.co.uk
Please contact them for prices and dates.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
COURSE LENGTH INFORMATION
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.